Re: Is there a way to alert Marketo admins when a smart list gets too big?

ThaísMacedo
Level 2

Is there a way to alert Marketo admins when a smart list gets too big?

Hello, community!

My company integrates Marketo and Salesforce and sometimes there are sync errors.

I keep track of these errors with the SFDC Sync errors report, and built a smart list to track people who didn't sync at all (person was created in the past 1 day + sfdc create date is empty).

A certain number of people not synced per day is expected (there are duplicates, people we don't want to sync, bots etc.), but I'd love to receive an email if the smart list has above a certain number of people.

For example, 20 people with sync errors per day is expected, but if there are 50 people, then we should worry. 

Is there a way to send an alert via email only if a smart list is longer than a specific number of people?

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I don't think this is possible via UI/custom setup as the SL doesn't store count that could be used to trigger the email alerts when # of people qualified is more than a certain threshold. I remember reading Sandy's answer on a similar requirement some time back, but can't find the post now though. IMO your only way would be to either subscribe to the SFDC error notification or the smart list asset itself.

ThaísMacedo
Level 2

Thanks, I thought so.