SOLVED

Re: Is there a URL tracking tool for landing pages?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a URL tracking tool for landing pages?

I see that Hubspot has a fairly intuitive tracking URL tool. Does Marketo have a comparable tool?

I know that there's a way to add hidden fields and lead sources to forms, but I'm looking to do this for any landing page. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Liz,

That's easy in Marketo as well. Once you have set up the form with the hidden fields, go to you LP. Do not edit it, just click the Landing Page Actions -> URL Tools -> URL builder and you will have all the hidden field available there. Just enter the values and copy the resulting URL.

-Greg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Liz,

That's easy in Marketo as well. Once you have set up the form with the hidden fields, go to you LP. Do not edit it, just click the Landing Page Actions -> URL Tools -> URL builder and you will have all the hidden field available there. Just enter the values and copy the resulting URL.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grégoire Michel​,

I tried the above tip. Do I have to make any changes on the form as well, if yes can you pls point out what changes?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Anita,

You need to add the hidden fields to your form first, so that these hidden fields are ready to capture URL parameters. Then, approve the form, the the landing page.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grégoire Michel

I am using a universal form with below attributes.

source channel- hidden url parameter:sc=unknown;

source specific- hidden url parameter:sc=unknown;

lead source- most recent ; hidden lsm=web

I have generated specific urls for social channels, for eg., leads registering from twitter

source channel- twitter

source specific- twitter organic

lead source-website

My question is how does universal program populate every program for source specific apart from my specific urls?

Does it automatically pick up based on the program name.. in my case i am referring to a webinar.

Any inputs would be truly appreciated.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Anita,

I do not understand. What do you call "universal program" ?

Also, both source channel and source specific seem to populate from the same url parameter (sc). It means the 2 fields will take the same value. Is this what you want ?

The "lead source - most recent" will be provided the "web" value whatever you do.

Your url will be something like go.mydomain.com/landingpageurl.html?sc=twitter This is a url you can generate from the URL builder tool.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

I've tried this, and it's working; however, there's one issue...the lead source from the parameter will override any existing lead source on a lead record. Is there a way to only fill in the lead source if it's already empty in the lead record?

Liz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, you can go to Admin>Field Management>Search Source>Drag it over>Field Actions>Block Field Updates from and specify where you want to block updates from. I believe "block updates from" specifies for not empty fields only.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Block updates from form fillouts (in Field Management).