Re: Is there a (simple) way to copy a date field to a datetime field

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a (simple) way to copy a date field to a datetime field

Hi,

I need to copy values from an old date field to a new SFDC custom datetime field. I tried to use a token for the old field value {{lead.MQL date}} and append it with the {{system.time}} token. At first it seemed to work (notice there's no red squiggly line) I was cheering for Marketo being so flexible but then I noticed the campaign skipped this step because the new value was invalid. Way to get my hopes up.

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 08.52.57.png

Anyone has an idea how to do this without too much hassle?

Thanks,

Arthur

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Interesting question, Arthur!  I tried a few permutations myself and like you found, the Flow choked on non-datetime tokens (regardless of whether there's also the {{system.time}}).  Maybe there's something we've both missed but I know this works in FlowBoost:

pastedImage_0.png

Andrea_Lechner
Level 2

If you haven't nested this new field in a bunch of lists or campaigns, you can adjust the type in MKTO and then use your tokens.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That's a good point, Andrea. If it were a Text field the token type validation wouldn't apply. But I assumed it was already in use.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Andrea and Sanford. We ended up just changing the SFDC field to a date field, it was only filled by a few old leads from a legacy effort.