SOLVED

Is there a cool down period for each MQL? Or can the same lead turn into an MQL in the same month?

Go to solution
szayed
Level 1

Is there a cool down period for each MQL? Or can the same lead turn into an MQL in the same month?

Hello there!
I am fairly new to marketo and currently wondering if there is a cool-down period that is pre-existing in Marketo for MQLs. Meaning if a person submitted a lead and qualified to an MQL and then proceeded to submit another lead within the same month or week that once again qualified for another MQL (maybe considered an re-mql at that point) does marketo allow this? or is it more of after X amount of days need to pass before scoring for the same lead?

Is anyone aware of any documentation of the 'cool down period'.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is there a cool down period for each MQL? Or can the same lead turn into an MQL in the same month?

The activity retention policy doesn’t have anything — or anything directly — to do with qualification/cooldown/decay.

It only pertains to entries in the Activity Log. If you change a Score field from 10 to 100 in January, the value will be 100 forever unless deliberately changed by a Smart Campaign.

However, starting in April, you will no longer see the corresponding Change Score and Change Data Value entries in the log. So if you were to run a Smart List based on activities, rather than on the current value, you could only see data within the retention window. For example, say you wanted to see when the value changed to 100 (note this could happen an unlimited number of times!). If you ran a Smart List on Change Score, New Value=100 the results would be implicitly confined to the last 90 days.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Re: Is there a cool down period for each MQL? Or can the same lead turn into an MQL in the same month?

There's no such thing turned on by default. But scoring campaigns themselves are something you must customize to your needs, and changing how often someone can qualify is a vital part of that.
szayed
Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me!

I did try and look into it a bit more and found the following data retention policy

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/marketo-activities-data-retention-policy/ta-p/251480

I guess i was worried that the 90-day change score or change data value was what was concerning to me. Stressing how much I am new to Marketo, does this mean that changes may occur in the 90-days however, the data will not be retained after that? 

SanfordWhiteman

The activity retention policy doesn’t have anything — or anything directly — to do with qualification/cooldown/decay.

It only pertains to entries in the Activity Log. If you change a Score field from 10 to 100 in January, the value will be 100 forever unless deliberately changed by a Smart Campaign.

However, starting in April, you will no longer see the corresponding Change Score and Change Data Value entries in the log. So if you were to run a Smart List based on activities, rather than on the current value, you could only see data within the retention window. For example, say you wanted to see when the value changed to 100 (note this could happen an unlimited number of times!). If you ran a Smart List on Change Score, New Value=100 the results would be implicitly confined to the last 90 days.