SOLVED

Re: Is Munchkin ID stored on the lead or any Marketo object?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Munchkin ID stored on the lead or any Marketo object?

I am using BIRST to extract data from Marketo. Presently, I am using REST connector to get Lead data using the "Get Leads by List ID" call.

Now, we need the munchkin id of all the leads in our system and I am not able to find on which object this attribute is stored. Can anyone point me to the right place?

Using BIRST connectors, I can get any activity, program and lead data, but I am not able to find where the munchkin id is stored.

Best

-Prasad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

First of all, you absolutely do not mean "Munchkin ID." That is already a term for something else in Marketo, the 11-character identifier of your instance for tracking purposes (123-ABC-456).

What you mean is the "Munchkin cookies".  Note the "s" at the end. Every lead gets a new cookie for every new device/browser that is associated, so this is by no means a single value.

The Munchkin cookies are stored, naturally, on the Lead object.  You retrieve them by fetching the field "cookies."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

First of all, you absolutely do not mean "Munchkin ID." That is already a term for something else in Marketo, the 11-character identifier of your instance for tracking purposes (123-ABC-456).

What you mean is the "Munchkin cookies".  Note the "s" at the end. Every lead gets a new cookie for every new device/browser that is associated, so this is by no means a single value.

The Munchkin cookies are stored, naturally, on the Lead object.  You retrieve them by fetching the field "cookies."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sanford and Kenny.

I was able to get "cookies" field only using REST API. While some of the leads dont have any value or any cookie value, there seem to be multiple munchkin cookies on some leads. This is greatly helpful. Thanks.

Best

-Prasad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sanford,

You are correct, I am not looking for Munchkin ID that is related to our instance; we want the cookie id, but I couldn't find any field thats called "cookies' on our lead object. I am able to see a total of 680+ attributes (including our custom attributes), but none of them are called "cookies"

Can it have any other name?

Regards

-Prasad

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

This field isn't available from the UI, it is only available via the REST API.