Re: Is Marketo-AdWords integration really recommended?

Anuja_Jadhav
Level 1

Is Marketo-AdWords integration really recommended?

Hello All,

One of my colleague has requested for Marketo and AdWords integration to utilize Marketo's offline conversion data into AdWords to understand which clicks turned into a purchase.

I am struggling to understand bunch of things here:

1. What is offline conversion data? - My understanding is if someone placed an order by visiting the office or by calling a sales representative. These purchases will not have any online activity to it.

2. How can I view offline conversions data in Marketo? (I am new to Marketo - have never really used the platform but just researching about it for this task)

3. We have Salesforce as our primary source of purchase data. Hence I am assuming these transactions will be recorded in SFDC. So is it worth looking for this data in Marketo when it is already there in SFDC?

4. How helpful this integration really is?

Regards,

Anuja

#google adwords integration

1 REPLY 1
Shailendra_Pra1
Level 2

Re: Is Marketo-AdWords integration really recommended?

Hello Anuja,

Below are my suggestions. 

1- What is offline conversion data? - My understanding is if someone placed an order by visiting the office or by calling a sales representative. These purchases will not have any online activity to it.

You need to map the data with Marketo or any other third-party software that you are using. In the customer journey, there are multiple touch points and there is a possibility that before an offline conversion, the user actually visited your website. This can be tracked using a custom solution.

2- How can I view offline conversions data in Marketo? (I am new to Marketo - have never really used the platform but just researching about it for this task)

As already mentioned below the data will be SFDC, so we can push that data to Marketo and then can view by creating Marketo reports by filtering accordingly.

1. We have Salesforce as our primary source of purchase data. Hence, I am assuming these transactions will be recorded in SFDC. So, is it worth looking for this data in Marketo when it is already there in SFDC?

If the data is in SFDC and only require for sales purposes and not marketing, it won't be pushed in Marketo so it won't be available in Marketo.

4- How helpful this integration really is?

This is really useful to understand the user journey and how many times the user actually visited your website before making a purchase decision.

Feel free to ask for further details.

Thanks,

Shailendra