SOLVED

Re: Is it possible to send an email out to the Leads "Alternate Email" address instead of their "Email Address"?

Go to solution
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Is it possible to send an email out to the Leads "Alternate Email" address instead of their "Email Address"?

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know if it is possible to send an email out to the Leads "Alternate Email" address instead of their "Email Address"?  
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to send an email out to the Leads "Alternate Email" address instead of their "Email Address"?

You could always do this:

1. Create a dummy text field in Marketo only... something like "Email Holding".
2. In your flow, use Change Data Value three times, like so...
3. Change Data Value: "Email Holding" to {{lead.email address}}
4. Change Data Value: "Email Address" to {{lead.alternate email address}}
(might want a short wait step to let the system catch up)
4. Send email
5. Change Data Value: "Email Address" to {{lead.email holding}}

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kim_Allen
Level 10

I'm curious what the reasoning is? We don't keep alternate email addresses but have done some campaigning where we get an "alternate email" and then replace the original email address with the new value. Just curious what your goal is 🙂

Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can think of at least one good one: Work email address and home email address. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could always do this:

1. Create a dummy text field in Marketo only... something like "Email Holding".
2. In your flow, use Change Data Value three times, like so...
3. Change Data Value: "Email Holding" to {{lead.email address}}
4. Change Data Value: "Email Address" to {{lead.alternate email address}}
(might want a short wait step to let the system catch up)
4. Send email
5. Change Data Value: "Email Address" to {{lead.email holding}}

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Kim: Rebekkah is spot on why we have a work email address and a home email address.  We don't want to have two separate leads that are the same except they have different email addresses.  This allows us to have one lead with a work email address and a home email address.  

Ryan: Thanks for the idea.  I will have to run some tests with that.  It looks like their is nothing within marketo that allows for this without sometype of workaround.
Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

It's a perfectly valid request tbh - I like the workaround - the only issue I can see is concurrent campaigns.