Re: Is it possible to send a report to sales owners of just their lead activity?

Will_Raleigh
Level 2

Is it possible to send a report to sales owners of just their lead activity?

I would like to send sales owners a weekly report of their clients who have visited the web site. I could create a thousand reports, each with its own subscription, but that is unsustainable. I could create an alert, but that would generate an email for each client, and that would be overwhelming for the recipient. Is there some way to automate/tokenize this?

We don't have sales insight. 

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is it possible to send a report to sales owners of just their lead activity?

I'll tell you how we've rolled this out. But you won't necessarily feel like implementing it... while you wouldn't have to touch it after initial setup, it's certainly complex.

• to prepare, every salesperson (i.e. report recipient) is a person in Marketo
    • this is because we're not sending them a report or alert, but an actual email
  • interesting activities are sent to a Google Sheet via webhook
    • the Sheet also includes a column for the lead owner email address so it can be referenced later
  • a daily batch is run, with a Smart List that qualifies all the salespeople
    • batch uses Request Campaign to in turn call a trigger campaign (as webhooks only run directly from triggers)
    • another webhook fetches each salesperson's matching rows in the sheet, aggregates/groups data as necessary, and saves the response to a Textarea field
    • email goes to the salesperson including their {{lead.Daily Lead Activity}} token

The main concern is you can't be sending high-volume activities like sending every single Send Email event in a webhook. This is b/c webhooks have a practical daily limit, in effect enforced by the speed of light... stay under 50K and ideally under 20K activities.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

If you use slack, consider a slack bot that provides notifications in real time to each sales person