Is it possible to NULL a field from a webhook response

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is it possible to NULL a field from a webhook response

You seem to be using "response_mappings" as if that's a variable name that can be used anywhere. But it's not.

In Webhook is Called, match your string in the response using the [contains] operator.

Paul_Morgan
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

No, perhaps it was just how I wanted to distinguish it's use. I get that response_mapping is not a variable, but rather an action performed by the system to parse the return from an external webservice call against Marketo fields.

Is it the case that Webhook is Called should sit as a trigger for it's own SmartList so that the response can be parsed for 'contains' and any data field updates made accordingly?

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, its own Smart Campaign.

Paul_Morgan
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

Thanks, that now works for me

One small note from my side. I found in the response_mappings[contains] part that I had to respect whitespace around the colons - the contains failed to match if I stripped the whitespace around the colon.

Having to check 2 or 3 different fields and their values seems to imply that I'd need to create an SC for each of these, so I may need to find another way to efficiently match them all, but at least I got this working and know about this for future use.

Thanks again. 

SanfordWhiteman

One small note from my side. I found in the response_mappings[contains] part that I had to respect whitespace around the colons - the contains failed to match if I stripped the whitespace around the colon.

Right, it’s whitespace-preserving, an exact match against what Marketo considers to be the string response. Pretend JSON hasn’t been standardized yet.

Having to check 2 or 3 different fields and their values seems to imply that I’d need to create an SC for each of these

Yes, each mutually exclusive string match requires a separate trigger campaign.