SOLVED

is /index.php/leadCapture/save2 depreciated?

Go to solution
Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

is /index.php/leadCapture/save2 depreciated?

Hi, Anyone knows if /index.php/leadCapture/save2 is still working? I was trying to sync two Mkto instances with a simple webhook posting a dummy form, I have all the bits such as formVid but...  Could not execute a webhook to the given URL   .

If depreciated, any clever alternative?

Happy Friday

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: is /index.php/leadCapture/save2 depreciated?

Yes, direct use of /save or /save2 is deprecated. It's supposed to be completely removed by midyear but that may have rolled out early.

But that may not be the cause of your problem... hitting endpoints within the Marketo infrastructure, other than localhost, has always been unsupported.

View solution in original post

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

For anyone interested, I found the walkaround using two webhooks, one to get the rest access token and the other using this token to push the changes.

All done.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
SanfordWhiteman

Yes, direct use of /save or /save2 is deprecated. It's supposed to be completely removed by midyear but that may have rolled out early.

But that may not be the cause of your problem... hitting endpoints within the Marketo infrastructure, other than localhost, has always been unsupported.
SanfordWhiteman

(by which I mean hitting them via webhook)
Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

ohh man...that is bad news... you always very prompt in your responses, much appreciated. Wondering a walkaround and I am lacking of inspiration today.

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

For anyone interested, I found the walkaround using two webhooks, one to get the rest access token and the other using this token to push the changes.

All done.

SanfordWhiteman

Oof... that approach has a race condition, I wouldn't put it in production.

Kacper_Gawlik1
Level 2

Hi Diego,

I would love to hear more details about this as I am trying to Trigger action between Marketo instances.
In this case particularly from submission.
I tired to test submission with bearer token already placed statically using below urls.

rest/v1/leads/submitForm.json
js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js

First one works perfectly in Postman but in Marketo I am getting ConnectionTimeOut response.

Kacper_Gawlik1_1-1647239868554.png

Second shows webhook is sent but Response shows some really mysterious code and do not see submission action in the other Marketo instance

Kacper_Gawlik1_0-1647239809932.png

Not sure what I am doing wrong, appreciate any help on this!

Thanks,
Kacper

SanfordWhiteman

Hi Kacper,

I know you really want this to work natively, but it just won’t anymore! Also your second webhook is just requesting the Forms 2.0 JS library, so the response is the JS source.

Kacper_Gawlik
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Yeah I am trying not to give up and check different methods but seems that without 3rd Party I would not receive my goal 🙂

Thanks for the follow up!

Kacper

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Do this at your own risk, I did it and did work for me as temporal fix and last resort .

1. Create a field marked as sentitive

2. Create a webhook to populate the field

URL is the other instace

Diego_Lineros2_1-1658936973715.png

Create another webhook to push the values you want, use the value stored in the sesitive field in the header as follow, and push your payload.

Diego_Lineros2_0-1658936722935.png

Diego_Lineros2_2-1658937078902.png

Create a trigger, with a flow to call bewhook1, then webhook 2.

You can create a batch to trigger but just a limited amount of updated will be done.

Good luck