Re: Interface Lethargy - Glacial

Dan_Askin
Level 4

Interface Lethargy - Glacial

Been experiencing some frustrating interface issues the last two weeks … frequent time outs, lethargic page loading, and other annoying processing delays (that endlessly spinning vortex has been tempting me to enter the void). This is simply working within the interface ... and not related to the much-maligned send time processing. Anyone noticing similar issues in general? Haven’t seen references in the community, but are there specific questions I should be asking about processes that might have suddenly started clogging the system?

Understand this is a very, very broad question, but I'm just looking for some advice on how to diagnose what appears to be a sudden onset illness.

Internal web speeds are, as of now 80(d)/20(u) and I haven't noticed similar slow-downs outside of Marketo.

Thanks,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

SOunds like you should ask support as well as look at your Campaign Q and Inspector for triggers. I wrote a post about this a few months ago.

Load Balancing in Marketo and Marketing Automation - Marketing Rockstar Guides

Dan_Askin
Level 4

Thanks, Josh. Will give it a read and start a conversation with support.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

During one of our user group meetings last week, this exact topic was discussed.  Supposedly, many of these sorts of issues are primarily being experienced for those customers on the San Jose pod of servers.  You can tell if you're on this pod by looking at the URL of your instance (if "sj" is in the sub-domain name):

pastedImage_0.png

Dan_Askin
Level 4

Doesn't look like that's my sub-domain, but here's a very helpful initial response from support. Needless to say, it is not a pleasing reply.

It is not uncommon to see some sporadic slowness during this time of the year due to the increased activity but the slowness shouldn't persist for too long. The slowness may also be more evident when working with the Lead database and Smart Lists due to the nature of how they operate. Meaning that these areas rely on SQL queries to return data so they may exhibit even more of a delay because of this process. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns I can address for you.