SOLVED

Re: Integration with SugarCRM

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Integration with SugarCRM

My client runs Sugar CRM Version 6.5.16 and we need to integrate with Marketo.  Does anyone have experience with this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

That is usually done via NEPO: http://www.neposystems.com/sugarapps.html

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

That is usually done via NEPO: http://www.neposystems.com/sugarapps.html
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jep! I have another question.  My client is utilizing the workspaces in Marketo and will have many workspaces.  In the information I've read, it says it is $4k for 1 license per deployment.  If they are using many workspaces, are they considered a "deployment" or is this "per instance" of Marketo?
Kris_Winter
Level 2

Would be nice for Marketo to let propects know that you have to spend another $4000 to integreate SugarCRM with Marketo - instead of telling them, "Sure, you can intergrate SugarCRM.'

Anonymous
Not applicable

In case anyone new visits this post in search of answers, integration between SugarCRM and Marketo is not an additional cost; SugarCRM developed a Marketo Connector​ for bilateral syncing. It is not  simple Out of the Box integration like Marketo sometimes makes it sound, your administrators can set it up; third party involvement is not required.

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi All,

I want to piggy back on what Jessica said as she is correct. There is no additional cost to integrate MKTO with Sugar.

Also, we just released a new version of our connector this week that resolves some minor bugs.

Sugar Connector for Marketo by SugarCRM | SugarExchange

Feel free to reach out to me directly should anyone have questions related to the connector.

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

Zak_Pines5
Level 4

Hi All - This may be a case where "free" isn't necessarily better. The Sugar connector is very limited, so several Marketo-Sugar customers work with Bedrock Data to power a bi-directional integration between the systems. It's a win-win as data aligns between the two systems and Marketo can pull back opportunity data from Sugar for closed loop insights.  Our customers find the $ invested is well worth it for closed loop reporting and supporting alignment between marketing and sales.  We offer a no-cost proof of concept if anyone is interested - let me know at Zak[at]BedrockData.com and I can facilitate, or more info here:

Marketo - Sugar CRM Integrations

Best Regards,

Zak

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Zak,

Are you able to meet to walk me through your integration briefly? I have seen demo's of nearly all other MKTO and Sugar integrations and would love to understand what your solution offers that others don't. Additionally, you stated that the Sugar Connector is very limited so i'd love to see what your connector allows that ours does not.

Interested again to provide the best recommendation possible to our customers. Please let me know when you are available.

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

knyberg[at]sugarcrm.com

Zak_Pines5
Level 4

Hi Keith,

Sounds great - I'll email you to schedule something.

FYI when I think of connector requirements these are some of the key capabilities I'm looking for:

• Speed of sync (performance) & scalability
  • Bi-directional (manages updates from both systems)
  • Depth of object support (Leads, accounts, opportunities, activities, interesting moments)
  • Control per field on system of record
  • Custom field support
  • Conditional rules/controls on record creation

Best Regards,

Zak