SOLVED

Re: Integration between Google Ads and Marketo

Go to solution
Alok_biswas
Level 2

Integration between Google Ads and Marketo

I want to integrate Marketo with Google Ads. Can someone guide us through the steps to do the same? Currently Marketo provides integration to pass on data to Google ads via Launch point. So, is it possible to bring back data to Marketo from Google ads? i,e. bi-directional sync. And what are the limitations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Thanks so much for the info. The link here "this Marketo pdf doc" is not working for me.

Just updated the link.

Also, the question here is if we generate some leads in Google Ads then how it comes back to Marketo. It's true using launchpoint we can only push but we wanted to retrieve data from Ads to Marketo. Any custom integration or solutions?

Well, this integration is meant more for the tracking leads generated via the person clicking on Google ads in the Marketo. This solution would allow you to bring the conversion data to google ads from Marketo for the purpose of tracking accurate ROI of your adword campaigns. If you've leads that you're generating via other sources that you need to push to Marketo, then you'd need to import people via a static list or create/update people in the Marketo using Marketo APIs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

You can follow this documentation page to integrate the google adwords with Marketo via the Launchpoint. The Adwords integration allows you to seamlessly transfer the conversion data for the google adwords sourced/influenced people from Marketo as they progress through the mapped RCM buyer stages in the Marketo. Without this integration, you'd have to upload the Google Click Identifier (GCLID) mapped conversion data for people to the adwords manually to see the e2e adwords campaign performance.

This launchpoint integration is push based and hence conversion data is only pushed in one direction from Marketo to the linked Adwords account, i.e., the conversion data will appear only in the Google AdWords portal, and not in the Marketo UI. You should check out this Marketo pdf doc that explains the Marketo - Google Adwords integration.

Hope this helps!

Alok_biswas
Level 2

Hi Darshil,

Thanks so much for the info. The link here "this Marketo pdf doc" is not working for me.

Also, the question here is if we generate some leads in Google Ads then how it comes back to Marketo. It's true using launchpoint we can only push but we wanted to retrieve data from Ads to Marketo. Any custom integration or solutions?

Darshil_Shah1

Just updated the link.

Well, this integration is meant more for the tracking leads generated via the person clicking on Google ads in the Marketo. This solution would allow you to bring the conversion data to google ads from Marketo for the purpose of tracking accurate ROI of your adword campaigns. If you've leads that you're generating via other sources that you need to push to Marketo, then you'd need to import people via a static list or create/update people in the Marketo using Marketo APIs.

Alok_biswas
Level 2

Thanks, Darshil!!

datajoin
Level 1

Hi @Alok_biswas ,

Maybe you could look at the page view query params in the lead activity?

Create a list of all those whose page url contains utm_source=google and also submitted a form?