SOLVED

Re: Integrating Salesforce Data Cloud with Marketo?

Go to solution
Sheila_Baker10
Level 2

Integrating Salesforce Data Cloud with Marketo?

Consideration is being given to implementing Salesforce CDP (specifically MC-Data Cloud for Marketing). Not being particularly familiar with it, I'm being asked what will it take to integrate Data Cloud with Marketo. Has anyone done it? Are you making the CDP segments available to Marketo via custom objects directly? Trying to quickly get my head around this so any advice you provide will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Sheila

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi @Sheila_Baker10 ,

In Salesforce Data Cloud, the places you want to send and use your segments are called "activation targets". It looks like there are some out-of-the-box activation targets available, such as for other Salesforce apps, Google Ads, Meta and Amazon Ads. Other providers are encouraged to create an external activation platform package for AppExchange, though I don't see one offhand for Adobe Experience Cloud/Marketo Engage - I'd have to check with the Adobe product team. Then there's a limited pilot to let people use SFTP to activate segments in other external platforms. So it might be a bit more complex to connect the two systems, perhaps requiring more technical, customized work.

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi @Sheila_Baker10 ,

In Salesforce Data Cloud, the places you want to send and use your segments are called "activation targets". It looks like there are some out-of-the-box activation targets available, such as for other Salesforce apps, Google Ads, Meta and Amazon Ads. Other providers are encouraged to create an external activation platform package for AppExchange, though I don't see one offhand for Adobe Experience Cloud/Marketo Engage - I'd have to check with the Adobe product team. Then there's a limited pilot to let people use SFTP to activate segments in other external platforms. So it might be a bit more complex to connect the two systems, perhaps requiring more technical, customized work.

Cheers,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion

BenG
Level 1

@Sheila_Baker10did you end up moving forward with it?  We are working on a Marketo integration with Data Cloud here.

Sheila_Baker10
Level 2

Hi @BenG,

The team is still working on the RFP that hasn't gone out yet. So it's still in the planning stages now. 
Would love to hear if you make any progress how it goes.
Thanks,

Sheila

tstevensTrane
Level 2

Hi Sheila - Curious if you have an update on progress/conclusion to your RFP?