SOLVED

Installed Services - 1 to 1 versus 1 to Many

Go to solution
AMDH
Level 2

Installed Services - 1 to 1 versus 1 to Many

We have an API installed service to my company's Tableau server/license. The Client Key and Secret work perfectly. We now have a second cluster to the one license. We receive the following error when trying to connect to the second cluster. 

Has anyone seen this error before? I'm thinking it is because the Client ID and Secret can't be used twice in one Tableau license through our Installed Service. Thoughts anyone?

• This job failed on Aug 8, 2022, 10:47 AM after running for 16.7 min because of: java.lang.RuntimeException: One or more connections in this data source need attention: Marketo: An unrecoverable error occurred. Please contact Tableau Support. ( 0 ) tableau_error_source=NeedsClassification|tableau_status_code=2|tableau_error_code=0x95BE3012

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Installed Services - 1 to 1 versus 1 to Many

Hi @AMDH - not sure if you were able to figure this out yet or not but, I don't think it could be due to re-using the same API creds (Client ID and Service) for connecting to the 2nd cluster, at least AFAIK Marketo does not reject connections due to that (and honestly, IMO Tableau too won't run into an exception due to that, if it'd any such limitations, I'm sure they'd do validation to check for duplicate creds before you approve/use the service). 

I came across a thread in the Tableau community regarding the 0x95BE3012 error code. Could you try debugging following that? Worse comes to worst, you could try reaching out to Tableau for support with this error code and message. Let us know how it progresses. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Installed Services - 1 to 1 versus 1 to Many

Hi @AMDH - not sure if you were able to figure this out yet or not but, I don't think it could be due to re-using the same API creds (Client ID and Service) for connecting to the 2nd cluster, at least AFAIK Marketo does not reject connections due to that (and honestly, IMO Tableau too won't run into an exception due to that, if it'd any such limitations, I'm sure they'd do validation to check for duplicate creds before you approve/use the service). 

I came across a thread in the Tableau community regarding the 0x95BE3012 error code. Could you try debugging following that? Worse comes to worst, you could try reaching out to Tableau for support with this error code and message. Let us know how it progresses. Thanks!