SOLVED

Inserting Tables in Email - how do i add a border?

Go to solution
Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

Inserting Tables in Email - how do i add a border?

Hello!

I am trying to add borders in the table to separate columns and rows, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I even copied and pasted HTML that had the borders built in, but when it populates in Marketo it does so without the borders.

Are table borders not supported in MKTO emails?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Re: Inserting Tables in Email - how do i add a border?

Could you share the HTML for your email for context here? There might be something in the <head> that's removing/hiding borders in your email template and/or some inline styles (or lack thereof) that could be causing this issue. As far as I've seen there's not a limitation on using borders that has anything to do Marketo - generally speaking the HTML/CSS part of the Marketo editor is "open" so you shouldn't run into many issue where you can't use "element X" that you could otherwise use on any other platform or custom code.

You might run a "find" command when looking at your email code for "border" and seeing if you can find anything that's setting the border to "none" or "0" anywhere in the code to help identify the issue as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Could you share the HTML for your email for context here? There might be something in the <head> that's removing/hiding borders in your email template and/or some inline styles (or lack thereof) that could be causing this issue. As far as I've seen there's not a limitation on using borders that has anything to do Marketo - generally speaking the HTML/CSS part of the Marketo editor is "open" so you shouldn't run into many issue where you can't use "element X" that you could otherwise use on any other platform or custom code.

You might run a "find" command when looking at your email code for "border" and seeing if you can find anything that's setting the border to "none" or "0" anywhere in the code to help identify the issue as well.

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

Thank you Dave - that was precisely the issue (CSS in our Email Template).