Re: Insert tokens into email templates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Insert tokens into email templates?

I have created some new, modular 2.0 email templates - where/how do I add tokens into these? I'd like to add the standard copyright text and year at the bottom, and this be uniform across all templates. An outside agency helped create these templates, so I wasn't sure if it's something I add into the HTML directly, or elsewhere?

6 REPLIES 6
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Simply add them into the template.  Best way is to edit the HTML for some of the static regions and put them in there, such as {{my.Copyright Year}}, {{my.Bottom Text}}, etc.

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.10.33 AM.png

Robb Barrett
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Remember they won't resolve unless in a Program or Folder in Marketing Activities.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Good point. I always do my emails in programs (templates stored in DS) so I forget to include the obvious.

Robb Barrett
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused - so I can't add the tokens at template level in the design studio? When I go into the template, I am just faced with the HTML code:

My email templates aren't in the Marketing Activities folder, so how can I add tokens one place, not per email I create?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I create the emails as assets, add the tokens, then save as a new template? Unless I am missing a trick

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Emails that use tokens can still reside centrally in Design Studio.  They just need to be called by smart campaigns (within Programs) in Marketing Activities.  For example, all of our marketing/sales alerts are centrally stored in DS.  But they're called/sent by specific programs in MA - and all tokens (including the Program tokens) resolve just fine.