SOLVED

Re: Incorrect email plain text to recipients - a bug?

Go to solution
Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

Incorrect email plain text to recipients - a bug?

We have noticed very recently that several of our emails are sending the wrong text version of our emails to some recipients.  The copy for both the HTML and text reflect properly (we even sent tests of plain text multiple times before sending to confirm), however it looks like the text version that was sent to several recipients was the one from the text version from the original email we cloned, mentioning incorrect dates and referencing incorrect links.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it a bug or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Are you in editor v1 or v2?

Would it be possible that the text version of the email has some dynamic content?

I am just dropping some ideas here, sorry if i am asking obvious questions

-Greg

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Aubrey,

When you send a sample, you can ask Marketo to send you a sample of the HTML and the text versions. I would start here to make sure that the text version has been recorded correctly.

If you are sure you have updated the text version and let it save to Marketo, then approved the draft, then it looks like a bug.

-Greg

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

Thanks Gregoire! We sent samples for both HTML and text prior to scheduling the email and did not update the approved draft, but while text looked fine in sample emails, the plain text email was still incorrect when it was delivered.

I just flagged to Marketo support as a bug. I'll keep you posted with what we find.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Is this happening to all addressees looking at the text version or only to a subset of them?

-Greg

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

I'm not sure how to check for this. Looks like we get some responses to the correct email, and some to the incorrect email. My guess would be that it's only a subset, but no way to be positive.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Are you in editor v1 or v2?

Would it be possible that the text version of the email has some dynamic content?

I am just dropping some ideas here, sorry if i am asking obvious questions

-Greg

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

V2 with no dynamic content. And no worries - we always appreciate

The latest from Marketo support is that they believe this could be an issue with using "head start" functionality, although we had the changes approved prior to activating the program

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Then a nasty bug seems to be the most likely...

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are you sure? Usually I see this when the Clone wasn't properly updated on the text side or a Draft wasn't approved before the send.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Agreed, but Audrey seems to have this covered.