Re: Include the same footer on multiple Landing Page templates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Include the same footer on multiple Landing Page templates

I've created a few seperate tempaltes that all share the same footer (includes a few links and copyright information)

Is there a simple way to include that footer on multiple templates, so I can edit one source file and update on all?

I thought snippets might be the way to do this, but I haven't found a good way to include an HTML snippet on multiple Free Form or Guided Landing Page templates

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Looks like a classic use case for a token.

Create a token in your highest level folder in "Marketing Activities" called {{my.footer}}. The value for that token can be a complex HTML entity like

Copyright 2018 - Company Name - <a href="http://company.com/privacy>Privacy policy</a>

Now place that token {{my.footer}} in your templates and whenever that template is connected to an email or a landing page that live underneath that folder, it inherits the token value.

This is just an example. It might be more reasonable to break your footer line down into many tokens, so your template had a line like this:

Copyright {{my.copyright-year}}- {{my.company-name}} - <a href="{{{my.privacy-link}}>{{my.privacy-wording}}</a>

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Matt and Michael,

I would rather use snippets than tokens here. Snippets are much better when you need to mass update things AND keep everything consistent at the same time, since you can control through roles who is entitled to edit snippets, while you cannot prevent unwanted (including accidental) changes on a token value at a program level.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would tokens work for including scripts in the <head> as well?

I just tried this with a Rich Text token... but having a bit of trouble removing white space (always adds <p> and <br> tags)

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Matt,

read this: Best way to add a script in a guided landing page

You do not need line breaks in a script. They make it easier to read, but you can just remove them before you paste the script in your token.

-Greg