SOLVED

Inaccurate click information?

Go to solution
brianmcgann
Level 2

Inaccurate click information?

Hello, I deployed an email earlier today to a total of 3,017 contacts. According to the Marketo reporting, 2,214 contacts opened that email and 2,022 clicked. While I did send this email to a group of contacts who had previously clicked on one of my emails, I don't think it's possible that 91% of the contacts who opened the email proceeded to click. I also don't see any sign in Google Analytics of over 2,000 users visiting the page that they would have clicked to. I've had this happen once before and I opened a ticket and Marketo support simply said it was correct. 

Has anyone else seen something similar to this? There's just no way this email had a 67% click rate. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Inaccurate click information?

"Inaccurate" isn't really the right term. "Scrupulously accurate" is more like it.

Without Bot Detection + filtering turned on, Marketo records any HTTP request for a tracked URL as a click. This includes both machine-generated requests - i.e. by mail security scanners - and human-generated requests.

You can read a lot more about his behavior in past posts even this post from earlier today.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Inaccurate click information?

"Inaccurate" isn't really the right term. "Scrupulously accurate" is more like it.

Without Bot Detection + filtering turned on, Marketo records any HTTP request for a tracked URL as a click. This includes both machine-generated requests - i.e. by mail security scanners - and human-generated requests.

You can read a lot more about his behavior in past posts even this post from earlier today.