SOLVED

Re: In Time Frame Date Constraint clarification

Go to solution
kleblanc71
Level 2

In Time Frame Date Constraint clarification

Hello - I'm trying to clarify if the "in time frame = today" date constraint is referring to the calendar day, or with the past 24 hour day.

For example, I have a smart campaign running daily to check to see if anyone currently in a specific campaign flow has a changed status code (which would mean they no longer are applicable to get the 2nd email message), and if so it's using a "remove from flow" step to remove them from that particular campaign.  This campaign runs every day at 9:45am. Am I only getting people that match the criteria from midnight to 9:45am? Or am I getting people who matched the criteria in the past 24 hours?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The "in past 24 hours" operator in Marketo refers to the updates/date of activity in the past 24 hours (irrespective of the smart list run time). So, if your smart campaign runs at 9:45 a.m. on August 1st, it will include people who have been updated in the past 24 hours, from 9:45 a.m. on July 31st to 9:45 a.m. on August 1st.

However, with the "in time frame" operator, if your smart campaign runs at 9:45 a.m. on August 1st, and has the Date of Activity set to the "in time frame = today" constraint, then it will only include people who have changed their status code today, i.e., from midnight till the campaign run time, i.e., 9:45 a.m. If this campaign is run later in the day, it'd include activities from midnight that day till the datetime of the campaign run.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The "in past 24 hours" operator in Marketo refers to the updates/date of activity in the past 24 hours (irrespective of the smart list run time). So, if your smart campaign runs at 9:45 a.m. on August 1st, it will include people who have been updated in the past 24 hours, from 9:45 a.m. on July 31st to 9:45 a.m. on August 1st.

However, with the "in time frame" operator, if your smart campaign runs at 9:45 a.m. on August 1st, and has the Date of Activity set to the "in time frame = today" constraint, then it will only include people who have changed their status code today, i.e., from midnight till the campaign run time, i.e., 9:45 a.m. If this campaign is run later in the day, it'd include activities from midnight that day till the datetime of the campaign run.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Is the 24 hour view based on the Marketo User's time zone?

For example, my profile is set up as GMT (London), but the Marketo instance is set up in North America.

Just checking that  the 24 hour view is based on my profile and campaigns/activity rather than ending up with 30 hours if using US time zone?

Thanks, Zoe

Tags (1)
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Just checking that  the 24 hour view is based on my profile and campaigns/activity rather than ending up with 30 hours if using US time zone?

It’s never 30 hours. It’s always 24 hours from the current time.

kleblanc71
Level 2

That makes sense. Thank you so much for confirming 

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Thanks, @Darshil_Shah1 @SanfordWhiteman, for confirming  the 24 hours irrespective of user time zones