Importing members to nurture, will new start at email #1?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Importing members to nurture, will new start at email #1?

We have a nurture setup to send a series of tips to new subscribers. But, until we have an external form sync'd to SF, we are importing new users into the member list manually each week. My question is, if I am importing members this way, will new leads in the list be set to receive the first email in the stream or do they just get the next one upcoming?

FYI, Normally I reimport the entire list. Remove those members that have unsub'd to the list.

Thanks

Bill

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Importing members to nurture, will new start at email #1?

They get them in order from top to bottom as they enter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Importing members to nurture, will new start at email #1?

Bill Sellers​ Engagement Programs look to see whether a lead is a member of an engagement program already, and what content they have received within the stream. If you are re-importing leads, and a lead has already received an email in a cast, then they will receive the next asset that they haven't seen yet.

Importing is tricky, because you have to make sure you're not creating dupes based on the type of import you are doing!

I would first recommend importing a list to Lead Database, then request to add those who aren't a member of the engagement program already. Once you know that only new people are being added every week, you can be assured what each lead is receiving!