Re: Importing a list from Netsuite

Anonymous
Not applicable

Importing a list from Netsuite

Hello, so my team would like to conduct a survey of some of our customers. I need to import a list of our target customers that was pulled from Netsuite and was successfully able to upload 230 of our contacts out of ~1000. There were another ~800 that I was told were not imported and received the error message "ExplicitCompanyUpdateNotAllowed". I am not sure why this is an issue since all the fields were recognized when I was uploading the list and am not sure what to do.

I do not have access to Netsuite. It will take a while for me to figure out how to group all these contacts by pulling them from Marketo so I prefer be able to just import this list that was pulled from Netsuite.

New to Marketo since taking over for our FT Marketo person on paternity leave.

3 REPLIES 3
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sounds like Company Name is a field that has blocked updates from List Import. You can check in Admin > Field Management and select the field in question.Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 3.03.13 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I believe that our Marketo person had set up logic that when uploading a contact that already exists would block certain fields from being overwritten to protect against human error filling in wrong information for a contact. I was able to get around the issue by removing the company name for the contacts and then reuploading them. My question now would be if that would cause any issues? Would this overwrite the contacts information and erase their business name from Marketo or would Marketo see that I uploaded a contact that already exists and append the fields I have left blank?

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo dedupes on email address, so as long as the email address matches to another email address in your database, it won't create a new lead. Any fields with block field updates turned on will not be updated if they already have a value.