Re: Import/merge into list? Unexpected results

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Import/merge into list? Unexpected results

Hey Marketing Nation,

I completed a list upload a few days ago and have just discovered that the first and last names of certain records have been overwritten with new values such as "USER USER" and "Accounts Receivable." Two examples are below. Does anyone have any idea what happened? I expected to find some community posts with "Import/merge into list" but I didn't find anything like this. Two examples are below. Thank you!

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It looks to me like you messed up the mappings on the import, and/or the column breaks (delimiters) in the file were off and you didn't catch it.

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

I wish it were that simple. But I did the import myself and the only fields were company, first, last, and email address. I somehow think it has to do with these List Import Alias rules. Any other hunches? And thank you for your reply : )

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Could there have been a field mapping issue during the import?

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

So I'm in month three with this new org. And I keep making new "discoveries." Seems like there are a whole bunch of "list import alias" rules I was unaware existed. I've never used list import aliases, have you?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

List import aliases would definitely add to the confusion.  We don't use them in our environment.