SOLVED

Re: Implementing SFDC - MSI or no MSI?

Go to solution
Heather_Padgett
Level 3

Implementing SFDC - MSI or no MSI?

I've had my Marketo instance for a few years now, but we are beginning a SFDC implementation. Our previous (current) CRM is not compatible with Marketo, so having Sales Insight was not necessary.

We are planning on linking Marketo to SFDC, but we're trying to figure out what the downside of not having MSI - as that is a cost we hadn't budgeted for (of course).

I've found information on what MSI can do for us, but what I'm struggling to find is information on what we can do when we connecting the two - without MSI...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Heather,

Without MSI, you will get a full sync between Marketo and SFDC. What you will not have are the MSI component in the screen layouts, nor the "stars and flames", neither the Marketo MSI tab when you can review your leads and the "Best bets".

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

MSI is optional. It is not required to sync the systems.

Maybe I should be clearer - in the past it may have mattered to add that, even though you did not have to display the MSI data to users.

AFAIK, you can safely install the MLM package and sync the systems without MSI. You could also install MSI and not display the items to any users.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh,

There is no more MLM package. if you need some sync fields, you will have to create them using the new nomenclature.

And yes, the MSI package is optional.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Heather,

Without MSI, you will get a full sync between Marketo and SFDC. What you will not have are the MSI component in the screen layouts, nor the "stars and flames", neither the Marketo MSI tab when you can review your leads and the "Best bets".

-Greg