SOLVED

Implementing a New Lead Scoring Model

Go to solution
ItayOved
Level 2

Implementing a New Lead Scoring Model

Hello,

When implementing a new lead scoring model - Is it best to reset all current scoring (model is barley in use) and start from scratch or should we implement the new model and have it applied only to new leads from now on?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Implementing a New Lead Scoring Model

While implementing a new scoring model it is best to reset scores

Demographic Score: Resetting and running the batch campaigns implemented as per the new scoring model is advised here (do this over the non-peak times eg weekends to avoid impacting performance of other active programs).

Behavioral Scoring model: This could be little tricky to deal with in case your model is one you have been using since long time and there are large number of leads being currently flowing through the model and are at various different scores, but since yours is a simple case where the model has been barely used you can reset the scores safely and this won't impact your leads' journey and your business. 

I also welcome other nation members' suggestion over this,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

While implementing a new scoring model it is best to reset scores

Demographic Score: Resetting and running the batch campaigns implemented as per the new scoring model is advised here (do this over the non-peak times eg weekends to avoid impacting performance of other active programs).

Behavioral Scoring model: This could be little tricky to deal with in case your model is one you have been using since long time and there are large number of leads being currently flowing through the model and are at various different scores, but since yours is a simple case where the model has been barely used you can reset the scores safely and this won't impact your leads' journey and your business. 

I also welcome other nation members' suggestion over this,

JessicaMeyers
Level 4 - Champion

Its been a bit, but I wanted to second this recommendation. I think its always best to align the whole database to one standard. If you implement a new model, and not everyone is using the same rules it can be really tricky for the team working records to understand what drove the score of the record!