Re: If you "remove from flow" is the lead still a "member of smart campaign"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you "remove from flow" is the lead still a "member of smart campaign"?

On our website we have a couple of "hot lead" forms - demo request, free trial request, estimate request, etc. I'm putting together campaigns that run after the lead fills out one of these forms. The campaign emails the lead to set up a meeting.

The problem is, if a lead fills out all the forms as once, I only want them to receive emails for the first form they filled out. So I have the smart campaign checking to see if the lead is a member of any of the other campaigns and if it is, removing the lead from the flow.

However, if the lead leaves and comes back six months later and fills out a second form, I DO want them to get a second set of emails.

I think the solution to this is to remove the lead from flow at the end of the campaign, say after a 7-day wait. But the lead still shows up as a member of the smart campaign if I do that. So if they come back in six months and request something else, will they still show up as a member of their initial campaign and therefore not get a second set of emails?

Complicated I know, but please help!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will always be a member of the campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is there a way to work around this? To basically say a lead can only go through this group of campaigns once every 30 days? Or is my only option to mush everything into one campaign somehow?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You should set this up as a traffic cop campaign using Fills Out Form and Not Was Sent emails. There are some good docs on this if you root around for them. Try these articles

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PXGVAA4

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PP58AAG

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kytv

Anonymous
Not applicable

The traffic cop idea sounds good, but doesn't completely solve the issue. In theory I could create a campaign that would be triggered by any of the form submission, that a lead could only go through once every 30 days, and would call the appropriate email campaign based on the form submitted.

The problem is, the web pages all use the same progressive form. And while I can trigger a smart campaign with "if X form on Y webpage is filled out", I can't do that in a flow. So I can't say "if the hot leads form was filled out on the free trial page, request the free trial email campaign." Even if I could, I can't make it timely. If the lead filled out a free trial request a month ago, and that was the first choice in the campaign, it could select that email campaign over the demo request that was filled out 2 minutes ago.

Wow, I didn't realize how difficult this would be!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I solved the problem. I created a list called "Active Hot Lead List". At the beginning of the email campaign I have the flow check if the lead is a member of the list. If it is, stop the flow. If not, the next step is to add the lead to the list. At the end of the campaign, it waits 2 weeks, then removes the lead from the list.

This way the campaigns will all check against this master list of hot leads, but the leads will only stay on the list for a set period of time.

Are there holes my logic here?