SOLVED

If I hide a salesforce field from marketo, will the previous data be deleted in Marketo?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I hide a salesforce field from marketo, will the previous data be deleted in Marketo?

Also, if Salesforce hides records from Marketo, what happens to the records in Marketo if it was previously unhidden? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robert_Solis1
Level 3

Re: If I hide a salesforce field from marketo, will the previous data be deleted in Marketo?

If you hide or remove a field in Salesforce that was mapped to Marketo, the field and its values in Marketo will continue to exist.  The issue becomes if you put new values in the field in Marketo the system will try to push that data to Salesforce using the API Name still associated with the field and it will return an error indicating the field name is not valid.  There isn't a way to remove an API mapping from a field in Marketo.  You can submit a request to Marketo Support to remove field from being part of the sync so that its data will not be attempted to be pushed to Salesforce.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If I hide a salesforce field from marketo, will the previous data be deleted in Marketo?

If you hide a SFDC field post Marketo sync, the field will still show up in Marketo, but I am pretty sure if you tried to sync any field changes back to SFDC it would fail.

If you make a SFDC field visible to Marketo when it was previously hidden, it most likely will not sync automatically.  The ModStamp will need to be updated for the sync to occur.

At least, that has been my experience. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny! 

So just to clarify, the previous data collected in Marketo for specific fields or records will NOT be deleted if the Salesforce admin chooses to hide them from Marketo?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Kelsey, if you delete or hide SFDC fields, the data in those fields will not be removed from Marketo.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hiding is just hiding from the user interface.
Robert_Solis1
Level 3

If you hide or remove a field in Salesforce that was mapped to Marketo, the field and its values in Marketo will continue to exist.  The issue becomes if you put new values in the field in Marketo the system will try to push that data to Salesforce using the API Name still associated with the field and it will return an error indicating the field name is not valid.  There isn't a way to remove an API mapping from a field in Marketo.  You can submit a request to Marketo Support to remove field from being part of the sync so that its data will not be attempted to be pushed to Salesforce.