SOLVED

If I have PURLs enabled for a landing page, shouldn't the form on my landing page prepopulate?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I have PURLs enabled for a landing page, shouldn't the form on my landing page prepopulate?

I want to send out a direct mail campaign with PURLs generated by Marketo. I'm testing it and haven't been able to get the data to pre-populate on my form. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If I have PURLs enabled for a landing page, shouldn't the form on my landing page prepopulate?

Hi Mike, You said it was a Marketo form on a Marketo page. So navigate to the page in Marketo. You will see which forms are used on that page. Click on it to go to that form. Next click edit to start editing. Please note changes will result in new drafts for every page that uses that form. It might be wise to clone the form and only use it on that page you want. In the form itself you can select the default value. This is where you can insert the token.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If I have PURLs enabled for a landing page, shouldn't the form on my landing page prepopulate?

To confirm, is this a Marketo form on a Marketo landing page?

Has prepopulation worked on your account previously, or is this the first try?
Anonymous
Not applicable

...Also I would check to see if you have any drafts of the landing page not yet approved.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use this for our US campaigns. Pre-populating forms works on cookie base. pURLs will set the cookie on the page load, but the cookie wasn't present on the page load yet, so the form is not pre-populated until you press F5 to reload the page. What does help is to edit the form itself. Put tokens inside the form values (e.g. {{lead.First Name}}). Now when you use pURLs, you will see the forms are pre-populated.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jamie, correct Marketo form on a Marketo landing page. Landing page is approved Mark. Dierderik, I will try your suggestion. Thank you all for the feedback!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diederik, where I would access the HTML for the form?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike, You said it was a Marketo form on a Marketo page. So navigate to the page in Marketo. You will see which forms are used on that page. Click on it to go to that form. Next click edit to start editing. Please note changes will result in new drafts for every page that uses that form. It might be wise to clone the form and only use it on that page you want. In the form itself you can select the default value. This is where you can insert the token.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Diederik, I was able to get it to pre-populate the data some of the time. It's not a 100%, but it's a start.
Abaran
Level 5

Hello

Have you been able to find a reliable solution? I just came off the phone with Marketo support and according to them PURLs cannot pre-populate forms.

I like the idea of using tokens in the form as default values. How is the form know which lead it would take if from? Is this coming from the unique name in the PURL? How reliable is this when the user has cookies on his/her PC/MAC?

Thanks

Axel

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I just came off the phone with Marketo support and according to them PURLs cannot pre-populate forms.

This is so incorrect it's almost funny.

I wish more people actually understood what "the problem" is with pURLs, including Marketo employees.  There is so much misinformation being repeated.  It's the new "progressive profiling doesn't work on embedded forms" or something.