SOLVED

If I created a smart campaign where the trigger is opportunity is updated and flow step is Send Email. Is the email sent to the contact attached to the opportunity object in SFDC?

Go to solution
hagans
Level 2

If I created a smart campaign where the trigger is opportunity is updated and flow step is Send Email. Is the email sent to the contact attached to the opportunity object in SFDC?

Hi All,

We currently don't have our SFDC and marketo synced, but someone has come up with this idea and want me to investigate if it will be possible once the 2 are integrated. (If they were synced I'd just test this out)

hagans_0-1666238784710.png

hagans_1-1666238797310.png

Thanks so much!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: If I created a smart campaign where the trigger is opportunity is updated and flow step is Send Email. Is the email sent to the contact attached to the opportunity object in SFDC?

“The” contact is too narrow but if there’s only one Contact, yes.

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: If I created a smart campaign where the trigger is opportunity is updated and flow step is Send Email. Is the email sent to the contact attached to the opportunity object in SFDC?

If there are more than one contact records associated with the opportunity being updated then the email will be sent to all the respective contact records as long as Marketo is able to see them (if there's a single contact record associated with the opportunity, then as Sandy said - the email will be sent to that single contact record).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

“The” contact is too narrow but if there’s only one Contact, yes.

hagans
Level 2

Thanks!

hagans
Level 2

Hi, Is it ok if I ask a follow up question to please?
If I added a filter to the flow step like product so I am only sending relevant content to the contacts attached to the opportunity, where is marketo getting that information from?

Can it see fields in opportunity objects? Or will this product field need to be on the contacts object?

hagans_0-1666306812977.png

Thanks so much!

Darshil_Shah1

If you'd like to filter contacts based on the field's data then I'd say you should be referencing the parameters/fields on the contact object as the value for a field on the Opportunity record is going to be the same for all contact records associated with it. I hope that makes sense! Also, you'd need to reference the permissions sets of the sync user profile to see exactly what Marketo can/cannot see and edit (but technically, Marketo has just the read-only access on the Opportunity object, while on the contact object, it has read-write access).

hagans
Level 2

Thanks Darshil that makes sense 🙂

hagans
Level 2

Actually one follow up Q, sorry!
We don't currently have product information on the contact objects. The product info sits on the Opp object.
So I guess I wanted to know if marketo will pick that up?

Or will we need to mirror that field onto the contacts record so then marketo can read it and filter?

Thanks!!

Darshil_Shah1

Well, if there could be a case where-in people associated with a single opportunity can have a single product interest then I'd say you can possibly have those fields just on the Opportunity object (and not mirror them on the contact object) - but if people on the same opportunity can have more than one / different product of interests based on which you'd like to filter in SCs/SLs in Marketo, then you should have these fields on the contact object.

Also FYR, the custom fields on the Opportunity object cannot be referenced in the choice steps/filters directly. However, there's a workaround to use the Has Opportunity filter in the SL and add the constraints on the custom fields (but a similar workaround does not exist for referencing the custom opportunity fields in the campaign flow's choice steps. Keeping this in mind I'd recommend creating the product of interest fields on the lead and on the contact objects (map them together) and reference it in your flows so that you have more flexibility. If you like you can also update the  Marketo sync user's permissions so that it cannot update these fields, instead just read it. Let me know if this makes sense, I can explain further if required. 🙂

Darshil_Shah1

If there are more than one contact records associated with the opportunity being updated then the email will be sent to all the respective contact records as long as Marketo is able to see them (if there's a single contact record associated with the opportunity, then as Sandy said - the email will be sent to that single contact record).

hagans
Level 2

Thanks!

Tags (1)