Re: Identifying if a person is a program member or not from a list of programs

SyedHasan
Level 2

Identifying if a person is a program member or not from a list of programs

Hi,

I am trying to create a smart list to pull out the contacts who are a member of my programs. However, I am confused with the filters applied in my smart list. I have a list of programs from which the contacts need to be pulled.

Upon adding the "Member of program" filter in a smart list, I was unable to give the program name 'Contains' condition.

Thus, I have used "Program Member Data Was Changed" OR "Program Status Was Changed".

SyedHasan_0-1666000273761.png

Wanted to check if this filter can provide us the contacts of all such programs whose names contains the provided text or is there any other filter to do this.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, you can’t use those ...Changed filters to get an accurate count, because those activities age out after 25 months. Only Member of Program is permanent. (Unless you also stamp a lead field with a list of programs — which it’s too late to do now.)

SyedHasan
Level 2

Thank you Sanford!! 

Let me present my scenario. I have a huge number of programs in my region which makes me difficult to create a list of all those programs and then add them in a "Member of Program" filter.

That's why I used these two filters wherein, I was able to use 'Contains'. Regarding your point of data retention, I am not worried about that. 

Here I would like to ask if any way is there to pull the contacts of all the programs without providing the exact program names?

Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

While you can't add 'contains' in a member of program you can fetch the list of programs and filter them in a spreadsheet to discover the list of programs, which you can use in the filter Member of Program. 

SyedHasan
Level 2

Thanks, Balkar for your answer!

However, I am unable to enter all the program names in the filter. I would like to ask you also for any alternative.

Thanks!