SOLVED

Re: Identify Specific Custom Object Data with Repeated Fields

Go to solution
lcarlson
Level 1

Identify Specific Custom Object Data with Repeated Fields

Hello,

We have set up a custom object (account) containing multiple fields (account type, open date, balance, etc.). I need to pull the data of specific account types listed in the custom fields, however, each person record can have multiple accounts, all different types. 

For example:

Custom Object: Account

Custom Field: Account type = 1

Custom Field: Open Date = 5/1/2021

Custom Field: Account type = 2

Custom Field: Open Date = 5/1/2000

Custom Field: Account type = 3

Custom Field: Open Date = 5/1/1998

How do I pull the open date for Account type 3 only, using a token in an email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is (of course) a Velocity token task — the classic loop-until-break pattern.

#foreach loop over the list of objects until you find a matching object, then #break.

Optionally, you may want to $sorter.sort the list first by a certain field, if there may be more than one object with matching properties and you need to find the latest or earliest matching object.

Lots of examples here on the Community (mostly mine!) and at https://blog.teknkl.com/tag/velocity.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is (of course) a Velocity token task — the classic loop-until-break pattern.

#foreach loop over the list of objects until you find a matching object, then #break.

Optionally, you may want to $sorter.sort the list first by a certain field, if there may be more than one object with matching properties and you need to find the latest or earliest matching object.

Lots of examples here on the Community (mostly mine!) and at https://blog.teknkl.com/tag/velocity.

lcarlson
Level 1

Thank you, SanfordWhiteman! We came up with this (below) and it works well. It is pulling a date that is formatted YYY-MM-DD. Is there a way to add additional velocity code to format it to MM-DD-YYYY?

#foreach($item in $share_cList)

#if( $item.shareType == 9 || $item.shareType == 49)   

$item.cycleEndDate

#break($foreach)

#end

#end