SOLVED

Re: .ics file crashing Outlook

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

.ics file crashing Outlook

Hi,

We are having an issue with the .ics file crashing Outllok when opened.

The process works perfectly however when opened in the actual calendar it crashes Outlook.

I am using Outlook 2013 Windows 8, not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks.

Mark Conory
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That doesn't surprise me given the lack of any support/integration for Outlook 2013 thus far.  Frustrating. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may be a deeper problem beyond the ics file.

I would suggest reviwing the excellent troubleshooting guide from Microsoft. Your IT would be a valuable resource to execute some tasks.

How to troubleshoot crashes in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input.

I am in discussions with both our service provider as well as Marketo support.

There seems to be some inconsistances in our testing of this issue.

I have recently been invited to events from Marketo as well as from our service provider Datarati, they both used automated .ics files for their calendar invites.

The Marketo event opened perfectly in Outlook where as Datarati's and mine did not, if it is an issue with Outlook stability wouldn't it crash regardless of what invite was opened because the process is essentially the same (assuming Marketo use Marketo 🙂 )?

This leads me back to thinking it is something to do with the actual .ics file Marketo produces, there must be some disconnect here.
Dan_Stevens_

I'm experiencing the same thing for Marketo-generated ICS files.  This happens with our own as well as those sent by Marketo (e.g., to attend one of their webinars).  Windows 8 / Outlook 2013
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

To date there has been no insight or resolution to the case from Marketo.

Warm Regards,

Mark Conroy

Dan_Stevens_

That doesn't surprise me given the lack of any support/integration for Outlook 2013 thus far.  Frustrating.