SOLVED

I want to send out 4 emails to a static list and the last email should be sent every 90 days once, how do I build the loop logic?

Go to solution
Niveditha
Level 1

I want to send out 4 emails to a static list and the last email should be sent every 90 days once, how do I build the loop logic?

I want to send out 4 emails to a static list (one after the other with a gap of 10 days) and the last (4th) email should be sent every 90 days once, how do I build the loop logic?

I have tried sending 3 emails in one Trigger campaign, as and when the person is added to the list. In flow step, I am using the Send Email and Wait activity for the 3 emails, for the 4th email I use the "Request Campaign" filter. In the request campaign, I use a Wait activity of 90 days and send the 4th email, and then wait for 90 days. Last step, "Remove from flow", if the person was removed from this static list--> then do nothing, default choice Campaign--> this campaign.

But what I have observed is, "Request campaign" is triggered only from the 1st campaign once or when the record is created newly.

Is there a simpler way to send out the 4th email in loop, or can optimize the current logic?

Note: We have a journey for these people, with 10-12 campaigns. Customers would keep moving to next lists as and when they make some progress.

Thanks,

Niveditha

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: I want to send out 4 emails to a static list and the last email should be sent every 90 days once, how do I build the loop logic?

If you want to send emails after 30 days of the previous email, you shouldn't be using 60/90 days in your wait step– you should just be using 30 days in your wait step. You can solution this using 2 campaigns: 

So below should be the flow:

Send Email 1

Wait 30 days

Send Email 2

Wait 30 days

Send Email 3

Wait 30 days

Send Email 4

Add to List <completed 1x>

Once you are done with this flow, you can use the completed 1x static list as qualifying criteria for a recurring batch campaign that runs and sends email 4 every 90 days. You can also reference your existing static list as an entry criteria for the recurring batch campaign given that you have proper setup in place that removes people from it in case they become ineligible to receive emails.

Remember, with the recurring batch campaign that sends emails 1x in 90 days w/o a wait step, new people entering the flow might  not receive the 4th email again after exactly 90 days in case they entered the initial flow after it was started. If you want to send the email after 90 days of the email 4 to all people entering the flow irrespective of when they entered the flow, then you need to use a wait step of 90 days before the send email flow step, and have this campaign run daily so new people can enter the campaign flow. Make sure you have set the campaign’s qualification rules to allow people to flow through it every time. I hope this is helpful.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Happy to share snapshots if need be. 😊 

View solution in original post

SaurabhGoyal_GN
Level 4

Re: I want to send out 4 emails to a static list and the last email should be sent every 90 days once, how do I build the loop logic?

Hi @Niveditha -

I have gone through the thread. Your problem statement can be served by having 2 smart campaigns in place. 

Campaign 1 - (Triggered) (Please note that if we will make this campaign as trigger campaign then email will be sent to the person at the time on which someone has been added to list. Like if someone is added at 09:00 PM in to the static list then that person will get all 3 emails at 09:00 PM.)(We can make this as recurring batch as well with daily recurrence to send the emails at desired time)
Smart List - 
Trigger - Added to list
Filter - Member of list

Flow - 
Send email 1
Wait 30 days
Send email 2
Wait 30 days

Send email 3

Wait 30 days

Add to list - (List for email 4)

Qualification Criteria - Each person can run through the flow once only. (Assuming that this drip will be set only once to every record)

Campaign 2 - (Recurring batch)

Smart List
Member of list - (List for email 4)

Member of list - (Initial List)

Flow
Send email 4

Qualification critieria - Each person can run through the flow oce every 90 days. (This will make sure that everyone is getting the email every 90 days if they are still on the static list)

Schedule recurrence - Daily at desired time. (This will check if someone is qualifying for email 4 on daily basis) 

Please find the screenshot attached for your reference. 

1710931692.png

1710931761.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Darshil_Shah1

Do you want to send the 4th email after 90 days of the 3rd email or send the 4th email to people every 90 days (a recurring batch campaign that runs every 90 days and sends emails to the qualifying email)? The solution you have described will send the email after 90days after the 3rd email; however, in the topic you have described, you want to send 4th email once every 90 days.

Also, are you able to share the snapshots of your campaign, so we can understand why are you facing: “Request campaign" is triggered only from the 1st campaign once or when the record is created newly.”

Niveditha
Level 1

For the first time, Email 4 should go out after 30 days from Email 3. Thereafter every 90 days, I want to send out Email 4.

Can I just use a recurring campaign for this logic (Thereafter every 90 days, I want to send out Email 4), without any dependency on 1st campaign, based on whether they are part of the static lists.

Below is the frequency between emails and snapshots of both campaigns.

• Email 1- on Day 1
  • Email 2 on 30th Day
  • Email 3 on 60th Day
  • Email 4 on 90th Day (Repeats after every 90 Days thereon)

Campaign 1:

Niveditha_3-1710906334983.png

Niveditha_1-1710906211584.png

Campaign 2 (Requested Campaign):

Niveditha_4-1710906633905.png

Niveditha_5-1710906698363.png

Thanks,

Niveditha

Darshil_Shah1

If you want to send emails after 30 days of the previous email, you shouldn't be using 60/90 days in your wait step– you should just be using 30 days in your wait step. You can solution this using 2 campaigns: 

So below should be the flow:

Send Email 1

Wait 30 days

Send Email 2

Wait 30 days

Send Email 3

Wait 30 days

Send Email 4

Add to List <completed 1x>

Once you are done with this flow, you can use the completed 1x static list as qualifying criteria for a recurring batch campaign that runs and sends email 4 every 90 days. You can also reference your existing static list as an entry criteria for the recurring batch campaign given that you have proper setup in place that removes people from it in case they become ineligible to receive emails.

Remember, with the recurring batch campaign that sends emails 1x in 90 days w/o a wait step, new people entering the flow might  not receive the 4th email again after exactly 90 days in case they entered the initial flow after it was started. If you want to send the email after 90 days of the email 4 to all people entering the flow irrespective of when they entered the flow, then you need to use a wait step of 90 days before the send email flow step, and have this campaign run daily so new people can enter the campaign flow. Make sure you have set the campaign’s qualification rules to allow people to flow through it every time. I hope this is helpful.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Happy to share snapshots if need be. 😊 

Niveditha
Level 1

I will try the second solution and share the results. Thank you so much for your help, Darshil.

Regards,

Niveditha

Darshil_Shah1

Great– you’re most welcome! Glad to be of help as always. 😊

SaurabhGoyal_GN
Level 4

Hi @Niveditha -

I have gone through the thread. Your problem statement can be served by having 2 smart campaigns in place. 

Campaign 1 - (Triggered) (Please note that if we will make this campaign as trigger campaign then email will be sent to the person at the time on which someone has been added to list. Like if someone is added at 09:00 PM in to the static list then that person will get all 3 emails at 09:00 PM.)(We can make this as recurring batch as well with daily recurrence to send the emails at desired time)
Smart List - 
Trigger - Added to list
Filter - Member of list

Flow - 
Send email 1
Wait 30 days
Send email 2
Wait 30 days

Send email 3

Wait 30 days

Add to list - (List for email 4)

Qualification Criteria - Each person can run through the flow once only. (Assuming that this drip will be set only once to every record)

Campaign 2 - (Recurring batch)

Smart List
Member of list - (List for email 4)

Member of list - (Initial List)

Flow
Send email 4

Qualification critieria - Each person can run through the flow oce every 90 days. (This will make sure that everyone is getting the email every 90 days if they are still on the static list)

Schedule recurrence - Daily at desired time. (This will check if someone is qualifying for email 4 on daily basis) 

Please find the screenshot attached for your reference. 

1710931692.png

1710931761.png

Niveditha
Level 1

Thank you @SaurabhGoyal_GN , for sharing in detail, I will try this approach as well.