SOLVED

Re: I'm trying to import a couple of lists but each time I try the email is not imported.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to import a couple of lists but each time I try the email is not imported.

I get a confirmation of the import but no email addresses are included.  One list I tried was only emails and it still did not import the email address but sent me a notification of the completion of the import. Why is the email field not populating?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: I'm trying to import a couple of lists but each time I try the email is not imported.

Make sure your column headers are correct.  This is another common mistake I have seen.

This is the link to the Knowledge Center article regarding list uploads: Import a List of Leads - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Tip

Notice email is not mapped properly? That's because the field in Marketo is called Email Address and the spreadsheet had Email as a column header. Column headers need to match the field exactly (case sensitive) in order for auto-mapping to work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Geoff_Krajeski1

Have you attempted to first convert all characters to UTF-8?

This is a critical step that is sometimes overlooked and can lead to issues if you have any special characters in your list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not, everything in the list imported except for the email field. 

Geoff_Krajeski1

Make sure your column headers are correct.  This is another common mistake I have seen.

This is the link to the Knowledge Center article regarding list uploads: Import a List of Leads - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Tip

Notice email is not mapped properly? That's because the field in Marketo is called Email Address and the spreadsheet had Email as a column header. Column headers need to match the field exactly (case sensitive) in order for auto-mapping to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's it!  Thank you.  Now I have a bunch of blank records in Marketo.  How do I delete the blank records?  They have an ID but no data.  I tried searching to lead in a specific list with a blank email but that doesn't work.  How do I remove those blank records?

Geoff_Krajeski1

You can now create a smart campaign to remove any lead record where email address "is empty"