Re: I cant figure out why my forms wont submit...

Ryan_Spaulding
Level 3

I cant figure out why my forms wont submit...

Hey all,

I'm trying to identify an issue I'm having all of the sudden on Chrome in our LPs.  I cant tell if it is an internal-only issue or if something is really wrong. It was literally working fine yesterday.

This doesn't seem to be limited to 1 form - it's all forms (or landing pages - not sure which is the culprit here).

We have a page here (Subscribe to the Alight on Video Series | Alight) that fully works in Chrome while in Marketo's preview mode, but not working once placed live. The form simply wont submit and outputs an error instead. It works in IE and Firefox though. Further, I cant replicate the Chrome issue while not on my work computer. Its like only Chrome at my workplace is broken. But I fully clear my cookies in Chrome and it's still broken.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Any insights how to troubleshoot? I'm not a developer myself and am struggling to determine if I have a widespread issue or some weird cookie/Chrome/IT thing for just us. 

12 REPLIES 12
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Pls tell me the Chrome versions on the 2 PCs.

Ryan_Spaulding
Level 3

Hi Sanford!

Thanks for the quick response.  So here are my 2 work computers...both fail.  As of a couple days ago, neither failed to submit and worked fine.

• Work New: Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (32-bit)
  • Work Old: Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Here is my home PC, and it works fine.

• Home: Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (32-bit)

The fact that it worked a day ago and now doesn't is concerning and leads me to believe something is up on our end. It is consistent for those on my company's work computers to not have this work in Chrome...no where else. But I cant verify that for sure yet.

SanfordWhiteman

Interesting, those weren't the versions (relatively) I was expecting, and that's a good thing. Will look into this in a few hours as I'm on a plane.

Ryan_Spaulding
Level 3

No problem at all. I appreciate any and all help from the community bc I'm absolutely stumped. I've got a case open and also have hipped some web folks smarter than me to the problem. 

SanfordWhiteman

I've tried a submitting a form on Chrome 72 and Chrome 78 (screen recordings at links) on Win 10 and that worked fine.

So I'm going to say it's CloudFlare seeing your internal network as suspicious. This happens when a company uses some (forward) proxy software. See for additional comments Chrome 80+ appears to block cookie and not display forms on company site.

I was thinking this was going to go in a different direction, glad it's not in your particular case. 

Ryan_Spaulding
Level 3

Thanks so much for your help on this.  Is there anything I/we can do about that issue? 

SanfordWhiteman

I think you should get with your IT and see if the config (maybe just OS/patch level) changed w/your outbound proxy at work.  Or it could even be just the IP address, CloudFlare is purposely obscure about when someone is subject to further authentication (in case it isn't clear, what's happening is CF is popping up a reCAPTCHA for you to continue, but of course a reCAPTCHA for a file like a CSS or JS asset could never be filled out by and end user, since you don't see it).

Tony_Mayse
Level 3

In addition to Sanford Whiteman‌'s suggestions, you might try with extensions disabled. Incognito mode will disable all extensions unless specifically configured to run in Incognito mode. If you still see the problem in Incognito, try disabling all of the extensions by unchecking the "Enable" checkbox for each one.

I've run into some cases in which extensions mask enough information about the browser that CloudFlare suspects the browser is a bot. Depending on how locked-down your browser is, you may need to work with your IT department to accomplish this troubleshooting.

Ryan_Spaulding
Level 3

Hey Tony, I appreciate it! I did that and unfortunately was still having issues. The issue has since been fixed...not sure which entity did it (our IT, Marketo, CloudFlare), but we can submit again!