SOLVED

I can't find the 'Schedule' option in the A/B test

Go to solution
milana_8
Level 1

I can't find the 'Schedule' option in the A/B test

Hello everyone, 

I encountered a situation where I can't find how to schedule the A/B test. I came across old screenshots where the 'Schedule' function was added to the main scheduling panel, but now such an option is not available. Could you please provide me with information on how I can find it? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: I can't find the 'Schedule' option in the A/B test

@milana_8, I believe you are using the Champion Challenger e-mail test, and not A/B test within the Email send program, and for Champion and Challenger email, you just need to add the test and approve it. Marketo will take care of sending the champion vs challenger emails. Champion/Challenger emails only work with trigger campaigns and engagement program streams. For batch mailings, use the email program’s A/B testing functionality.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
akshat_goyal
Level 3

I checked in my environment and it is showing there only.

akshat_goyal_0-1709664557565.png

milana_8
Level 1

Super weird, because that what I see only 3 optionsScreenshot 2024-03-05 190836.png

Darshil_Shah1

@milana_8, I believe you are using the Champion Challenger e-mail test, and not A/B test within the Email send program, and for Champion and Challenger email, you just need to add the test and approve it. Marketo will take care of sending the champion vs challenger emails. Champion/Challenger emails only work with trigger campaigns and engagement program streams. For batch mailings, use the email program’s A/B testing functionality.

milana_8
Level 1

Thank you for your feedback! However, I've noticed that the Marketo interface seems a bit different now. I can't find the option to add -> Add new email -> Add A/B Test. Could you guide me on when I can create an A/B test email? Thank you for your help!Screenshot 2024-03-05 200735.png

uditmathur
Level 5

Hi,

As @Darshil_Shah1 mentioned to create A/B test you need to follow https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/email-programs/em...

Go to Marketing Activates

uditmathur_0-1709788863936.png

Go to your Email program or create a new Email program

uditmathur_1-1709788908293.png

Set the Audience for your email program.

Select the Email you want to send. 

On the bottom right corner of Email Tab you can Add A/b Test

uditmathur_2-1709788995835.png

Darshil_Shah1

@milana_8, both the AB test and Champion/Challenger tests have a certain degree of similarities between them. At the same time, they are a bit different. 

A/B tests are one-time tests. You define your audience segment, split it in half, and send each half a different email version. Once the test period ends, you analyze the results and choose a winner or automate the winner selection process based on the selected and predefined engagement metric.

Champion/Challenger tests are ongoing. You set up a "Champion" email (considered the current best option) and a "Challenger" email (a new version you want to test). Marketo continuously sends the champion to a portion of the audience and the challenger to another portion. Based on your chosen success metrics (opens, clicks, etc.)

You should use the one that fits your requirements,

understand the intricacies behind the working of it, and then implement it.

Champion/Challenger e-mail test in Marketo: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/general/functions...

AB test in Marketo: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/email-programs/em...

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.