SOLVED

Hubspot <> Marketo integration....any success

Go to solution
Patrick_Vesely
Level 2

Hubspot <> Marketo integration....any success

Hello, 

One of our new Businesses uses Hubspot as their automation platform.  Our goal is to put a Hubspot form in our new businesses app which asks their current customers if they want more information.  The person would fill out the form and then be routed to our Marketo Instance where all the tagging will occur and eventually our Sales team will follow up.

I have connected our Marketo instance to Hubspot through the Hubspot App Marketplace.  (had Hubspot support double check everything)  I made sure that we are only passing leads from Hubspot to Marketo.  I have set up the API, mapped the fields and turned on the sync.  Issue is that our API calls are just skyrocketing (In about 3:30 hours, there have been over 20K calls).   I have increased our Daily API Call limit just to make sure we don't go over our limit but I have no idea why all these calls are occurring when nothing is being passed to Marketo.  

Has anyone had any success with this set up?  Any advice? 

in the Sync Setting in Hubspot, it is says that is has scanned over 1.5 million records

Patrick Vesely
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick_Vesely
Level 2

Re: Hubspot <> Marketo integration....any success

I asked Hubspot support about this and the response was:

Hi Patrick,

The team was able to confirm that the Data Sync with Marketo has to scan all of the existing records to determine if there is a matching email to update, or if a new contact needs to be created. This prevents duplicates from just being made. Therefore, HubSpot must scan all records to determine if it should create a new record or match with an existing one.

There is not a way to limit the scanning of contacts to determine if a contact already exists or needs to be created.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions in regards to this or if I misunderstood your goal!

Best,

Patrick Vesely

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

This seems to be a case where HubSpot retroactively scanned all the records in Marketo using API calls to identify which of the existing records it needs to sync/update based on the sync filters you have configured during the integration. This could be a one time sync happening initially post turning on the sync b/w both the platforms.

Patrick_Vesely
Level 2

I asked Hubspot support about this and the response was:

Hi Patrick,

The team was able to confirm that the Data Sync with Marketo has to scan all of the existing records to determine if there is a matching email to update, or if a new contact needs to be created. This prevents duplicates from just being made. Therefore, HubSpot must scan all records to determine if it should create a new record or match with an existing one.

There is not a way to limit the scanning of contacts to determine if a contact already exists or needs to be created.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions in regards to this or if I misunderstood your goal!

Best,

Patrick Vesely
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Analogous to what I said earlier. 🙂