Level 3

Editing Landing Page

Hello there,

I am trying to edit a Landing Page, below is the screenshot of the original LP

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.53.01 PM.png

For this Above LP, I want it to be like below;

Human Insights Webinar:

In your customer's shoes. How to Get Access to the Perspectives That Matter

I am trying to add  this extra CSS code into the Meta Tag Custom HTML section. 

<style>

h1 {position:relative;
    }

h1:after {
        padding-top: 10px;
        font-size: 20px;
        line-height: 20px;
        color: white;
        width: 100px;
        height: 200px;
        top:10px;
        content: "In your customer's shoes. How to Get Access to the Perspectives That Matter"
    }

@media screen and (max-width:480px){
        font-size: 10px;
    }
</style>

This code is making the Page look like below, It's not breaking the sentences. I want the line In Your Customer's to be after the main headline. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.56.14 PM.png

Can someone help me to solve this issue please.

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Re: Editing Landing Page

In short, you'll want to display the ::after pseudo-element as a "block" to get it to break down to the next line -- the same way that divs stack up in a layout (b/c their default display is usually set to "block").  Adding the display CSS should work this out for you, but I also worked the CSS a little to optimize it and included some notes in there for reference. 

h1 {position:relative;}

display:block; /* move :after below h1 */
        font-size: 10px; /* set mobile size here */
        width: 100%; /* same width as h1 */
        /* removed height | prefer line-height, padding, or margin to build height */
        content: "In your customer's shoes. How to Get Access to the Perspectives That Matter"
    }

/* prefer to write "mobile-first" CSS (above) and then use "min-width" breakpoints going up from mobile rather than "mobile-last" CSS (removed) using the "max-width" breakpoints */

@media screen and (min-width: 480px) {
       h1::after {
         font-size: 20px; /* set tablet and desktop font-size here */
       }
    }

A few things to notice:
1) The font-size is first set for mobile toward the top of the sheet. After that, we use a "min-width" media query to size UP the font for larger displays. Basically the thinking here is that a tablet or desktop are more "capable" than mobile so they do the work of responding rather than doing extra work on the mobile-side of things.

2) I set the width to 100% -- this should take the same width as the h1 element. You can set a fixed width if you prefer that for some reason, but it might be best to use "max-width" rather than "width" in that case. 

3) I remove the "height" styles -- you can use line-height to increase the space between the lines, or padding/margin to increase the space around the text as needed. 

Let me know if this works out on your end and/or if there's anything here you've got more questions on.

Thanks, and happy Friday 🙂

-Dave

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@freeza 

Put a <br> at the start of the content?

Or do the whole thing as a separate <p> rather than the after tag you're using currently?

freeza
Level 3

I tried putting a <br> before the tag. But it didn’t work out. I’m gonna try the <p> not sure it’s gonna work out tho. But I will update after trying out.

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

In short, you'll want to display the ::after pseudo-element as a "block" to get it to break down to the next line -- the same way that divs stack up in a layout (b/c their default display is usually set to "block").  Adding the display CSS should work this out for you, but I also worked the CSS a little to optimize it and included some notes in there for reference. 

h1 {position:relative;}

display:block; /* move :after below h1 */
        font-size: 10px; /* set mobile size here */
        width: 100%; /* same width as h1 */
        /* removed height | prefer line-height, padding, or margin to build height */
    }

/* prefer to write "mobile-first" CSS (above) and then use "min-width" breakpoints going up from mobile rather than "mobile-last" CSS (removed) using the "max-width" breakpoints */

@media screen and (min-width: 480px) {
       h1::after {
         font-size: 20px; /* set tablet and desktop font-size here */
       }
    }

A few things to notice:
1) The font-size is first set for mobile toward the top of the sheet. After that, we use a "min-width" media query to size UP the font for larger displays. Basically the thinking here is that a tablet or desktop are more "capable" than mobile so they do the work of responding rather than doing extra work on the mobile-side of things.

2) I set the width to 100% -- this should take the same width as the h1 element. You can set a fixed width if you prefer that for some reason, but it might be best to use "max-width" rather than "width" in that case. 

3) I remove the "height" styles -- you can use line-height to increase the space between the lines, or padding/margin to increase the space around the text as needed. 

Let me know if this works out on your end and/or if there's anything here you've got more questions on.

Thanks, and happy Friday 🙂

-Dave