Re: How to verify an email address based off of a form fill

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to verify an email address based off of a form fill

Does anyone know if it is possible to verify an email address based off of a form fill, without sending an email to that address to check if it bounces?

I think I had seen something about this pop up in the discussions section before. 

I would like to determine whether an email intended to deliver a whitepaper will make it to someone who has filled out a form before even sending it. From there, I'd like to set something up so that only valid emails get passed over to our CRM. 

I understand, I might just need a better understanding of how Marketo works as I am still new to it. Please let me know if you can provide any guidance.

-Josh

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Here's a couple of links that talks about content that's gated. We actually have done both ways where we email content via a link to the white paper when the email they provide is valid from a form fill.  We also have done it where after they fill out a form,  they have access to the white paper on the thank you page.  For the latter if the email address is bad, we try to look for an alternate email address within our database if they're in there already, if not we send it to one of our associates to get the correct email address.  Normally the people who fill out the forms are doing a webinar or a trial subscription so we have to make sure we have the correct email address.  

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Pbo7AAC
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PTJgAAO
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am curious about this too. We get fraudulent leads this way from sites trying to up their pricing with Bing! and there doesn't seem to be an internal way to block this except creating campaigns to delete users with the fake email address exchanges.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Michelle posted above is great.  Another thing to consider is using something like a Reachforce integration, which can periodically ping email addresses in your database to verify email validity (albeit this is something you would need to implement and invest in). 
Anonymous
Not applicable

For email verification you can look into http://www.briteverify.com/
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one knows how to keep them out of Marketo right away? I want to block 12 fake email exchanges that have been used by a bot to give us 6k fake Bing leads.

I really want something that blocks the bad emails on the form page.

Thanks!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hey Lauren.  I stumbled upon something that was posted in the community by Elliott a while back, and I'm not able to find it, it's a script that you have to add to the form landing page so bogus emails will not go through and I believe it also prevents them from entering personal emails.  I haven't tried it myself, but you might want to give it a shot.  If I find the page I'll post it.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

LeadSpend does lead verification for forms like this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Autumn - that might help. Right now the solution is no more Bing ads since the fraud isn't coming from the Google network.