SOLVED

How to utilize tokens for email translations?

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How to utilize tokens for email translations?

Great!

Broderick_Klem1
Level 4

Hey @SanfordWhiteman, we are wanting to use a similar approach, but how would we structure the "translatedText" token if we're wanting to use a "contains" instead of "is" for our language field? We use "lead.browserLanguage" as our way of defining which language they get and they contain things like "es-LA" or "es-Pt", etc. So in that case I'd want the map to say something like "if contains "es" then: [Spanish translation]

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sounds like startsWith, not contains! Otherwise a lot of confusion will ensue.

The token with the translations would be structured the same. The token that finds the current translation couldn't just grab the matching property, though. It has to loop (#foreach) over the entries and then use startsWith.

Nick_Deboo
Level 1

First of all, this topic is amazing! This community can't thank @SanfordWhiteman enough!

I've been playing with this for some time and stumble upon one problem. I have a CTAText and CTAURL that's translated but Marketo doesn't track it. However, when I have an URL with <a> tag in the velocity script, it does track it. The problem is that in our email designs, a-tags often include inline styling and we definitely don't want that in our velocity script.

Anyone ideas?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

No idea here. (See also - if you haven't already - https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/velocity-script-a-trackable-url/td-p/164640)

I had built a 30 email trial nurture in 6 languages completely in Velocity once, and it was okay, but eventually I'd not do it again. Next time I'd go traditionally with Snippets and Segmentations.