SOLVED

Re: How to use tokens to personalize the sender, from address, reply to, and signature line?

Go to solution
Laurie_Johnson
Level 2

How to use tokens to personalize the sender, from address, reply to, and signature line?

Hey fellow marketers!

We're trying to find a way to use tokens dynamically to personalize our email sends from different sales reps. Does anyone know how to do this and what kind of tokens I would create to accomplish this? Thank you in advance!!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Re: How to use tokens to personalize the sender, from address, reply to, and signature line?

You can just add the lead token in the email ( lead.Salesforce field) in which you are passing the values of Lead development rep. The token should automatically pick the assigned value of the rep.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You're describing one of the most basic uses of {{lead.tokens}} or (Text) {{my.tokens}}. Have you... tried it? What hasn't worked?

Laurie_Johnson
Level 2

My apologies, Sanford. As a somewhat newer Marketo user who hasn't had to delve into using Tokens much (if at all), I don't have experience with using those yet. I'll try the lead tokens and text my tokens as you commented.

Thanks.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As Ankit illustrates, if the value exists verbatim in a lead field, use a {{lead.token}}. For values shared by all assets in a Program or Folder, use a {{my.token}} at the highest relevant level of the MA tree.

If you need further manipulation or logic applied to a stored value before outputting it, use a Velocity ("Email Script") {{my.token}}.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

You can just add the lead token in the email ( lead.Salesforce field) in which you are passing the values of Lead development rep. The token should automatically pick the assigned value of the rep.

pastedImage_0.png

Laurie_Johnson
Level 2

Thank you Ankit and Sanford!