SOLVED

How to Upload/Sync Marketing Suspended List into SFDC

Go to solution
Yun_Bai1
Level 4

How to Upload/Sync Marketing Suspended List into SFDC

Hello Marketo Expert,

I am having a challenge of sync leads to SFDC, which you can tell that there are 141 leads I imported into Marketo and try to sync to SFDC. However, 141 leads are blocked from emails. The reason I can think of is probably those 141 leads are marketing suspended or unsubscribed leads. So that's the reason they got blocked when trying Sync to SFDC.

If my assumption is correct, can I have any tips from you of how to deal with this case? And if I am able to sync leads to SFDC, how can I mark them as Marketing Opt-out lead?

pastedImage_0.png

Thank you in advance,

Becky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Re: How to Upload/Sync Marketing Suspended List into SFDC

Hi Trevor,

We ended up manually changed the SFDC campaign members' status in SFDC. It works and members showed up...

For this case, I think it maybe because how we imported those leads into Marketo, the columns and data values in the excelsheet.  I have no problem to sync them into SFDC, when I imported more leads in a different SC.

Thank you for your help here:)

Best

Becky

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Becky,

You should still be able to run the smart campaign and sync the leads. You just are not able to email these people. Did you try syncing these over and they will not sync?

Thanks!

Trevor

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes!

Remember it's just letting you know about emailability. Has nothing to do with other flow steps.

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Thank you Josh!

Oh, I see what the blocked email mean. It just I wasn't able to sync leads to SFDC, for some reason it skipped 141 leads.

My flow steps are pretty standard, a couple of "Change data value", then "Change score", "Assign to", "Change status in SFDC campaign". It has the same setting for my other import and sync leads SCs. Just not sure why this one wasn't able to sync to SFDC. Please let me know any of your thoughts.

Best,

Becky

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

can you show us the Results Tab or a log entry for one of the leads?

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Are the Salesforce campaign statuses you are trying to change linked to Marketo programs? If so, you should try changing the Marketo program status instead of the SFDC campaign status.

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

I was thinking if I should change status of Marketo program. But those are new leads. I believe they are not associate with Marketo Program, as they are newly imported into Marketo.

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for getting back to me quickly.

I tried sync to SFDC and from the SC result, it shows me "Skipped "no nothing" and skips 141 leads. Not able to change status in SFDC...any other thought why and how?

pastedImage_0.png

Best,

Becky

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Becky,

Can you share a screen shot of the flow steps in this campaign? I'm guessing they are being skipped for another reason.

Thanks!

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Sure Trevor. Thank you.

My Smart list is just "Member of list" in the list I imported.

Here are the flow steps.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Best,

Becky