SOLVED

Re: How to store "opportunities" vs leads?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to store "opportunities" vs leads?

We have a subset of customers (opportunities) we want to start remarketing to once they meet certain criteria. As far as I know Marketo only stores and deals with leads. Is there a built in way to store opportunities in Marketo? My workaround was to just import them as leads (coming from our CRM) and add some type of true/false boolean field to the leads that will flag them as an opportunity or being part of this subset we want to remarket to. Then our marketing team can just create a list of leads with that value set to true and take it over from there. But if there is some predefined functionality for this already built in to Marketo I would prefer to do that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As far as I know Marketo only stores and deals with leads.

Actually, Marketo has quite robust support for Opportunities, both when synced w/CRM and when standalone.

Have you searched the docs? And posts here on the Nation? We talk about Opportunities quite often.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As far as I know Marketo only stores and deals with leads.

Actually, Marketo has quite robust support for Opportunities, both when synced w/CRM and when standalone.

Have you searched the docs? And posts here on the Nation? We talk about Opportunities quite often.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embarrassing. I now see the opportunities under lead database in the docs. I left that collapsed when quickly browsing.