SOLVED

Re: How to set up "View Email in the Browser "

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to set up "View Email in the Browser "

I only find this on Marketo Community: "Edit the "View as Web Page" Message" https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LK3uCAG 

It doesn't work after I added the default html code into email html. So I'm wondering this may not the right way to do it.
Can any one give me a hint to set up "View email in Brower" as well as "Unsubscribe from the list"?

Thanks in advance,
Becky

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can use the system tokens
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LB9WCAW

to place and format your link as you wish.

Unsubscribe footer will appear as formatted in Admin > Email, however, you can do whatever you wish and remove that footer, formatting the new unsubscribe link into your templates.

See marketingrockstarguides.com for the Guide that explains more about this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I knew I was wrong. Those are the place to change the default setting message.

I found out how to make "view email in browser". It is clink Email Setting --> "Include View as Web Page". But this text only shows on the top of email.

Now I need to figure out how to move "View as Web Page" text. How to set up "Unsubscribe" in the email content.

Thanks,

Becky

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can use the system tokens
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LB9WCAW

to place and format your link as you wish.

Unsubscribe footer will appear as formatted in Admin > Email, however, you can do whatever you wish and remove that footer, formatting the new unsubscribe link into your templates.

See marketingrockstarguides.com for the Guide that explains more about this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Josh! I read the Doc, but it only tells us how to change the text. I'm trying to move the "view as web page" to the bottom of our emails. Any suggestions?

Here was the doc I found: Edit the "View as Web Page" Message - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Colin_Ryder
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Hi Sarah

Code your email template as normal and then use the system token as the link behind it - where you want it to show (i.e at the bottom).

{{system.viewAsWebpageLink}}

We actually use snippets per language for the View as a Web Page which do the same thing.

Of course, remember to not have the "include view as web page" ticked by default in your emails

HTH

Colin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh! I use the system tokens. Its working well, even though when I try to send a sample email, it showed {{system.viewaswebpagelink}} missing key token (don't remember it clearly) for several times. I don't know somehow I make it later.

I also download the "Marketo Guide Open Source" from marketingrockstarguides.com.