SOLVED

how to set leadid to other one like email in marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to set leadid to other one like email in marketo

hi

1. how can I get leadid ?

2. how to set leadid to other one like email in marketo??

3. via REST API how can I do it?

Eveyone can help me?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: how to set leadid to other one like email in marketo

You don't need to have the Lead ID, or even the lead's Email Address, present in the browser to trigger a Marketo email from a web activity. The Munchkin web analytics cookie will already be associated with their lead record. Then you can set up a trigger campaign in Marketo to send an email based on interesting Visit Web Page or Click Email activity.

If you're referring to using the Marketo API to send abandoned cart emails via a 3rd party: don't do this.  You will be creating a gaping DoS vulnerability. The only way using the API is acceptable is if calls are done in bulk (i.e. scheduled, not triggered).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Please provide more detail. A better question gets a better answer!

(What do you mean by "set Lead ID to other one"? ID is an auto-assigned integer. You don't change it.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford Whiteman

Thank you for you message.

I have all the pages tagged with Tealium.

For example:

When user abandoned cart,I want to send a transation email from marketo which have been set in tealium

but I can't get the lead id from page dynamic,so I think may be I can use the email address or cookie

sorry about the pic was japanese.

sample.jpg

SanfordWhiteman

You don't need to have the Lead ID, or even the lead's Email Address, present in the browser to trigger a Marketo email from a web activity. The Munchkin web analytics cookie will already be associated with their lead record. Then you can set up a trigger campaign in Marketo to send an email based on interesting Visit Web Page or Click Email activity.

If you're referring to using the Marketo API to send abandoned cart emails via a 3rd party: don't do this.  You will be creating a gaping DoS vulnerability. The only way using the API is acceptable is if calls are done in bulk (i.e. scheduled, not triggered).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to you, I succeeded.