How to Send an email - 50 % one day and 50% the next?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Send an email - 50 % one day and 50% the next?

How can I send an email and send 50% one day and 50% the next?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Send an email - 50 % one day and 50% the next?

The best way I've been able to handle this is to do an A/B test. Set the test size to 100% and select the two different dates and times from the DATE/TIME a/b test.

Select the winning date like two days out. It won't matter since your test size is 100%.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

David, does that actually work? If you do Sample Size = 100%, it will split test the emails 50/50 on Day 1, then re-send the email winner on Day 2. Are you sure you've seen this work where it doesn't double send to the group? Use "Date/Time" A/B Testing - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Will definitely work if you run a Random Sample on the main list, breaking it into two static lists, then schedule the two separate lists for whichever day is desired. It feels like extra steps but it takes a few seconds to run the setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jacquelyn, David and Josh,

I agree with the Random sample approach. On your smart list use the Random Sample filter, set at 50, and blast.

Then set up a second smart list excluding the members from the first blast.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh I have tested this and it does indeed work. I choose the "winner email" to send typically 4 hours after the Test is complete and no one ever gets sent a second email. All the test applicants have been sent the email so there is no one left to to send a winner to. This works every time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There appears to be an A/B test for dates now - Use "Date/Time" A/B Testing - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

"The different variations will apply to equal portions of the chosen Test Sample Size.

If you're using a static list, setting the sample size to 100% sends the email to everyone in the audience and the winner goes to no one. If you're using a smart list, setting the sample size to 100% sends the email to everyone in the audience at that time. When the email program runs again at a later date, any new people who qualify for the smart list will also receive the email since they're now included in the audience."

If you are doing a Date/Time A/B test, you can only declare a winner Manually.

Depending on your list type, this may work well (I send using "member of SFDC Campaign" Smart List step).