Re: How to see which lead clicks which link in an email?

Brett_Carpenter
Level 3

How to see which lead clicks which link in an email?

Hey y'all,

We're a new Marketo shop and I'm still trying to learn the ropes so forgive me if this is a silly question

We were on Hubspot, and there I was able to see which lead clicked specific links in the emails we sent out.

I know the Email Link Performance report will show how many times each link was clicked.
The Email Performance will show how many clicks there were.

The Program Members tab filtered view will show which specific leads clicked the email.

I want to marry the Program members with the Email Link Performance to show me which specific lead clicked a specific link in the email. Is this possible?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Jamye_Breidenba
Level 3

Hey Brett,

I've managed to get this info by creating a smart list in the program. Criteria being "Clicked link in email" and a constraint for "Link is".

Brett_Carpenter
Level 3

Thanks Jamye Breidenbach!

I've just built a list out using your suggestion, and that does give me a list of names, which is great. But how do I show the specific link they clicked on in the People tab? (without going in to the smart list and selecting a different link every time)

Brett_Carpenter
Level 3

I might have found a little workaround -- editing the view to include latest interesting moment. It doesn't always show the link, but it's something at least.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Do you have RCE?  This can be easily done using the "Email Analysis" report.

Brett_Carpenter
Level 3

We do not, unfortunately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brett unfortunately you can't display any activity in the People pane, simply because there would be a 1 to many relationship, as a single lead can have clicked on multiple links in your email, so which link should be displayed on his/her line?

Thomas

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A rough workaround is to create a history field (it would have to be specific to each program, which is why it's a very rough approximation of the streamlined report you're expecting).

Whenever you get a ​Clicked Email event, append {{trigger.Link}} to the field.

Also be aware of the problems with mail scanners clicking links on behalf of leads.