SOLVED

How to Resend Email to Non Opens?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Resend Email to Non Opens?

Hello!  I launched a smart campaign but not all of our desired leads were included in the campaign.  I've created a new smart list that has all of the leads we want to target, but I want to filter out those who opened the email last time.  How can I do that?

Thanks for your help!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Resend Email to Non Opens?

Olivia - Stumbled across your post while searching for something else, figured I'd put in my two cents even though you found a solution.

There are two different ways I might handle this, neither involving a list.

Option A: If it is a simple email program, have triggers active that will change people's statuses within the program to "Opened". Then, when you go to create your re-send campaign, just use a filter of "Member of Program", set it to your program, and add a constraint of Program Status is not Opened.

Option B: Inactivity filters. When building your smart list within your campaign, at the very bottom of the filtering options down the right-hand side is a folder for inactivity filters. Expand out the "Email" folder under the inactivity section, and insert a filter of "Not Opened Email". Then, just choose the email you're using the campaign (make sure to keep the dropdown as "is").

Hope these might help a bit in the future... I tend to try to do things without creating a ton of lists across our instance of Marketo.

Marcus

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I figured it out.

For future reference, here is how I did it:
  • Create a List:  "XYZ Opens"
  • New Smart Campaign:  Smart List -->  Filter:  Opened Email, Flow:  Add to List:  "XYZ Opens"
  • Clone Campaign 1 and add this modification  Smart List -->  Member of List not in "XYZ Opens"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Olivia - Stumbled across your post while searching for something else, figured I'd put in my two cents even though you found a solution.

There are two different ways I might handle this, neither involving a list.

Option A: If it is a simple email program, have triggers active that will change people's statuses within the program to "Opened". Then, when you go to create your re-send campaign, just use a filter of "Member of Program", set it to your program, and add a constraint of Program Status is not Opened.

Option B: Inactivity filters. When building your smart list within your campaign, at the very bottom of the filtering options down the right-hand side is a folder for inactivity filters. Expand out the "Email" folder under the inactivity section, and insert a filter of "Not Opened Email". Then, just choose the email you're using the campaign (make sure to keep the dropdown as "is").

Hope these might help a bit in the future... I tend to try to do things without creating a ton of lists across our instance of Marketo.

Marcus