Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

SOLVED

How to Resend Email to Non Opens?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Resend Email to Non Opens?

Hello!  I launched a smart campaign but not all of our desired leads were included in the campaign.  I've created a new smart list that has all of the leads we want to target, but I want to filter out those who opened the email last time.  How can I do that?

Thanks for your help!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Resend Email to Non Opens?

Olivia - Stumbled across your post while searching for something else, figured I'd put in my two cents even though you found a solution.

There are two different ways I might handle this, neither involving a list.

Option A: If it is a simple email program, have triggers active that will change people's statuses within the program to "Opened". Then, when you go to create your re-send campaign, just use a filter of "Member of Program", set it to your program, and add a constraint of Program Status is not Opened.

Option B: Inactivity filters. When building your smart list within your campaign, at the very bottom of the filtering options down the right-hand side is a folder for inactivity filters. Expand out the "Email" folder under the inactivity section, and insert a filter of "Not Opened Email". Then, just choose the email you're using the campaign (make sure to keep the dropdown as "is").

Hope these might help a bit in the future... I tend to try to do things without creating a ton of lists across our instance of Marketo.

Marcus

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I figured it out.

For future reference, here is how I did it:
  • Create a List:  "XYZ Opens"
  • New Smart Campaign:  Smart List -->  Filter:  Opened Email, Flow:  Add to List:  "XYZ Opens"
  • Clone Campaign 1 and add this modification  Smart List -->  Member of List not in "XYZ Opens"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Olivia - Stumbled across your post while searching for something else, figured I'd put in my two cents even though you found a solution.

There are two different ways I might handle this, neither involving a list.

Option A: If it is a simple email program, have triggers active that will change people's statuses within the program to "Opened". Then, when you go to create your re-send campaign, just use a filter of "Member of Program", set it to your program, and add a constraint of Program Status is not Opened.

Option B: Inactivity filters. When building your smart list within your campaign, at the very bottom of the filtering options down the right-hand side is a folder for inactivity filters. Expand out the "Email" folder under the inactivity section, and insert a filter of "Not Opened Email". Then, just choose the email you're using the campaign (make sure to keep the dropdown as "is").

Hope these might help a bit in the future... I tend to try to do things without creating a ton of lists across our instance of Marketo.

Marcus